Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Selection of data set by set in Webdynpro ALV table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have following requirement .

As of Now we have a WebDynpro alv table which will display the around 2000 records.but it takes a lot of time around 5-10 to fetch the data and display in the screen , which became a performance issue now. so we planned for the follwoing scenario.

When user click first time only 100 records out of 2000 should be selected from database and displayed.and there will be button like "Next" on clicking which the screen should display next 100 records from database. and so on.

Is it possible and if yes how can we implement this.

Please helpRegards

Channappa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To only select the first 100 records is rather easy. Use the addition on your select statement "UP TO X ROWS". This will only select the first X number of entries for your condition or if you simply say SELECT from any table. To keep selecting the next 100 could be a bit of a pain, I honestly do not have an exact idea of how to accomplish that.<br><br>However, I would suggest looking into keeping an internal counter, but for purposes of efficiency you would have to start your selection of rows at the last record of the 100. Perhaps it is best to look into ways of buffering this table before you start doing your selections out of it. This would be useful if the application will be used a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick ,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but i want to do it without using buffer ie dynamically.becaseu application can be used by user at any time and he will it limitedly.

Regards

Channappa

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A better question to research is why is it taking so long to get 2000 rows. 2000 rows doesn't seem like that much and shouldn't be taking that long. Is the time spent in SQL itself? Or is the time spent somewhere else? How many visible rows do you have in the ALV?

Answers (0)