Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the Significance of

Logical Components?

[Under the "Systems" tab in "System Landscape" tab when

we create a new Project]

How can we create our own logical component and specify

the servers for Production, Testing etc?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I really wonder. Logging in as test user brings down your knowledge or ability to understand a question or to give a good answer to a question????

Leaving that behind come back to the question (Afterall the forum is to help and answer questions). The point is

he wanted to create logical component <i><u><b>and specify Servers for production, Testing etc....</b></u></i> I disagree that my answer always doesn't fits to this question.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Please help to explain the significant of setting a monitoring objects on logical components.

thankyou!

BR,

Bee Huang

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Test,

His question is already answered. I have given him step by step on how to create. A Logical componant. Don't give answer just for the sake of giving.

--> Ravi

Was your question answered?

Feel Free to revert back.

--Ragu

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ragu,

I unfortunately logged on as a test user. Your answer was correct but didn't fit to the question :-). He didn't ask about RFCs but about logical components. And I should know the right answer, since I was one of the guys that designed this concept.

Regards Andreas

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

I for one appreciate all responses. I don't understand why an SAP employee would want to discourage participation in forums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

logical components are very significant in Solman. You should create one logical component for each installation or in other words for each productiv system you have.

Please check the documentation of transaction SMSY to find out details of how to create a logical component.

Regards

Andreas

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

First you need to create RFC destination. I have replied to your previous message.

Right click in system create give a name with 3 Chars. Select your product below whether it is R/3 or CRM or anything.

There you need to put installation number and message server in general tab.

Then go to Clients Tab. click check RFC destination. If no errors found click generate RFC destination.

Feel Free to revert Back.

--Ragu