cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in VL10B during STO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

During intracompany STO creation, when I am using VL10B to create OBD I am getting th error:

1) Item category determination not possible with NL, NORM, NLN,

However I have maintained all the config in SPRO-LE-SHipping-Delivery

Delivery type-NL, Item category group -NORM, Item category of higher level(Itmc)-NLN, Default item category of delivery(itMC)-NLN.

I have also maintained another line item

Delivery type-NL, Item category group -NORM, Usage-CHSP, Default item category of delivery(itMC)-NLN.

Further in OVLP Item is relevant for picking

The surprising part is that when i am creating OBD in VL10B, system is throwing the above error but when I am going back to the screen its creating OBD automatically and then further I am unable to do PGI as its giving an error-Item category not defined.

Kindly suggest on this whatt config I am missing. Shipping tab is appearing on STO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CLOSED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery type-NL,

Item category group -NORM,

Item cat usage: blank,

Item category of higher level(Itmc)-NLN,

Default item category of delivery(itMC)-NLN

I belive you have maintained the above item cat determincatioin. You have to maintain below things first so that item cat will determined automatically.

Delivery type-NL,

Item category group -NORM,

Item cat usage: blank,

Item category of higher level(Itmc)- blank

Default item category of delivery(itMC)-NLN

Also maintain in copy control NLN to NLN.

Appreciate if resolved.

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please for the same material whether you have maintained item category group in the Material master Sales view.

Also check if the accounting view is maintained with valuation class or not . Because at the time of PGI system is not able to find the valuation class and its throwing the error if ITem cat group is maintained .

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category you have maitained below is wrong and so system is showing error for determination.

Deliv Typ: NL, Item cat group: Norm, Item usage: blank, Item cat of higer level item: NLN, Default item cat: NLN (wrong).

As higher level item cat will not be same as lower level item to make it same you have to enter in maunal entry not in default. Create new item cate and keep that as default. Keep NLN as manual entry if you need it.

Try it out it will work.

Please appreciate if resolved.

Regards,

Kishore