Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display thai language in ALV Grid problem (ALV Grid show incomplete data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

For my abap report , ALV grid show a part of thai text in the screen (100 chars -> Show 40 chars in ALV Grid) but I push print preview button , data is show 100 chars.

For example.

Internal table collect -> address field = 'น้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำ'

ALV Grid show -> address field = 'น้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำน้ำ"

Anybody know about this problem

Thank you very much

Arin

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arin,

I suggest you create a structure for the layout. And give the structure name for the parameter is_layout.

In the global declaration declare this staement data: x_layout type slis_layout_alv.

Before calling the function module type x_layout-colwidth_optimize = 'X'.

when the function module is called give x_layout for the parameter is_layout.

Try this and let me know whether it is working or not.

Thanking you,

Jerry

nirajgadre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the output length parameter in the field cat. for this address field and also pass the column width optimize parameter in the layout structure to 'X' and pass this to ALV function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply...

I try to set column optimize , but it can't be solved.

And, this server is already install SAP note 1177790 (Thai texts are truncated when displayed). (BASIS 700 path level 14)

For another server (BASIS 700 path level 17) , No problem for this issue

Anybody know, please let me know

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meet the same problem.

former_member946717
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arin,

Just a suggestion, you can provide Output Length in the Field Catalog for that particular field. Try this and it should help!