Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module for se16 with out authority check for se16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am creating a tode YSE16 which has same functionality as SE16 but having its own authority check. I am calling a function module RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE function module to get the functionality of SE16. But is there any way that i can get the function module which do not check for the authorization for se16 and execute my tcode.

Regards,

Sri.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using

RS_TABLE_REPORT_GENERATE

RS_TABLE_VIEW

RS_TABLE_VIEW_DDIC

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Shrilu,

Authorisation check is mandatory i think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using

RS_TABLE_REPORT_GENERATE

RS_TABLE_VIEW

RS_TABLE_VIEW_DDIC

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you won't find any FM related to SE16 which do not check for Authorization.Instead you can create a Z Function Module Copying RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE and remove authority_check_again Subroutine present in FM.

Regards,

Lakshman.

0 Kudos

Hi Laksham,

Thank you for your reply. I tried changing the se16 to ZSE16. And now the problem comes with the view_authority_check FM that is called by every program concerned with the table name we enter. I am able to see the initial screen with the message "Not authoriszed to see the contents of the table." Can you please give me any idea...

Regards,

Srilu.

0 Kudos

Hi Srilu,

If you are not authorized to use SE16 transaction why you are trying to clone it as Z copy.To avoid the authorization check you have to clone all the programs and function modules used for transaction SE16.Because all of them are having authority_check function .Its not an easy task to replicate SE16 as Z tcode.If its really your project requirement i suggest you to ask your BASIS people to give authorizations for your user id.Don't go for tedious task's.

Regards,

Lakshman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain what you are trying to achieve via this?

The check is on the table group (S_TABU_DIS) and only selectively on the transaction code. That is "native" for SAP direct table data browsers and you should not be able to get around it if you use SAP code - regardless of the tcode...

You can however add more checks into the table views, or write your own code.

Tcodes are silly!

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically, making z (in your case y) copies of standard SAP transactions is a bad practice. It increases maintenance cost cause you don't get updates directly from OSS notes. And as you can see it's painful as well. Whenever program uses some standard function module and you need to change a behavior of it the you have to make a copy. One way how to avoid this is to use enhancement framework. If SE16 has all authorization checks separated to function modules then you can easily use implicit enhancement point to avoid authorization in some cases (e.g sy-tcode = YSE16).

But could you write what you want to achieve? Writing a program which don't have any authorization checks does not sound as a good practice. The auditors don't like these types of things. Isn't it easier to create a special role and assign it to users who need access to YSE16.

BTW Thomas Jung uses web dynpro version of SE16 to demonstrate web dynpro capabilities. I am not sure if he performs authorization checks there but maybe you can have a look and see if it is suitable for you.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks to every one.

I try to explain you in more detail. I have to replicate the functionality of se16 in the z tcode yse16 with out any authorizations to se16 tcode. Going on the cilent want to give acess to yse16 rather than se16 which is comprised of his own restrictions on the roles. He wants to create a new function module which will be same in the functionality as the se16.

I tried coping the same function module and then change the SE16 to YSE16 for the authority check.

But when I try to execute the program by giving the table name then it will call the standard program of the table which will call the authority check fm. This FM is checking for the standard object class. so i am not getting the required result.

I am also trying to create a new function module regardless of the standard.

Please guide me in this.

Regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried coping the standard in to the Y function group. But i am facing an error one of the function modules of that function group.

Even though the parameters are declared in the function module it is showing the error some parameter is not defined in the data statement. I tried declaring the parameter in the data statement then finally it says ok_code is not defined.

Can anyone help me in this.. ?

Regards,

Sri.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are on wrong forum. You problem is now more related to ABAP.

Anyway, I guess you just copied one function module from function group. There might be global definitions in function group (usually name of include with definition ends with TOP). It looks like your custom function group is missing these definitions.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied all the function group , function modules and all the includes in that group. I am able to navigate to that parameter when i clicked on that, but still it shows not defined. I have copied the top include also. I am getting the error in the include LSETBO01 in the module set_pf_status_272 ouput.

The error is name_tab is not defined.

Regards,

Sri.

Edited by: Srilu.M on Jul 2, 2010 7:15 AM

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those structure might be defined in some screen. You can go to that standard function module and look for that missing parameter. When you find it then just double click on it and it should take you to definition. This should help you to figure out what your custom copy is still missing.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

The navigation is some in standard and the cutomized. In both the cases it is taking to the function module global declarations.

It is a tables parameter of the function module.

Regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If I am not wrong this is the question?

Guys , Sri is modifying the YSE16 as per this requirement. Do u have some other solution? Thanks.

Requirement is to create customized tcodes YSE16, YSM30 and YSE38 for se16, sm0 and se38. Lets start with YSE16.

Client want YSE16 tcode to restrict users based on some tables within a authorization group or even * value for auth group field.

SE16 restricted on:

S_TABU_DIS

-

Auth Group and Activity

As per Requirement YSE16 tcode sld be restricted on :

Y_TABU_DI2 (customized object)

-

Auth Group, Activity and Table name

We dont want to give SE16 to users in Production. So basically requirement is to restrict users on table name with YSE16 irrespective on authorization group. User sld only be able to access the table mentioned in Table name field.

so Srilu is trying to modify the Program. Can you please suggest some other way to modify it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Naveen Dalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone determine an answer for this problem of duplication of SE16. I have been assigned the same task.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the answer is simple. You need to make a copy of standard program. The problem is that authorization check is hidden in function module. Therefore just copying transaction SE16 is not enough. You need to identify call seqeunce and make a copy for all those functions modules. Transaction SE30 might be really helpful to identify where is authorization check performed. You will get complete call stack.

Cheers