cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 u2013 MDIS & MDSS Password Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using MDM 7.1 SP4 and I have a repository and the Admin password is re-set to a new password. Initially, it was blank. This repository everything works fine except the MDIS & MDSS.

I have another repository by using the same archive and works fine and the only difference is Admin password is blank (no password).

After re-setting the Admin password, I re-started the all the MDM servers (MDS, MDIS, MDSS) but the MDIS & MDSS is not working. Using the Import Manager I can import files and syndicator I can syndicate the files manually. Workflow executes fine. The same maps are using in the MDIS & MDSS so there is no issues with the maps.

In-order to work the MDIS & MDSS, do we have to re-set the Passwords for the MDIS & MDSS manually in the INI files by using the same MDS password?.

Anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp

The answer is yes. Steps to do this is as follows-

1. In console select the Auxiliary servers node and mount the MDIS server by giving the name.

2. In the repository detail pane select your repository for which auto Import/syndication is not working

3. Change the Admin User ID password below.

Best regards

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp,

As suggested by Everyone, Yes this need to be done using Auxiliary Server. Please refer Page no: 263/403 of Console Ref.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Note: If MDM doesn't match these credentials to a valid user for the repository, MDIS will not be able to import files to that repository. You can also see an u201Cinvalid logon credentialsu201D error will appear in the MDIS log. For more details Please refer,

Figure 84. An invalid login credentials entry in the MDIS log file Page no: 266/403

Similarly, If MDSS cannot connect to a repository, make sure that User Password credentials are correct in the MDSS node located below the Auxiliary Servers node in the Console Hierarchy tree.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Problem resolved.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp,

The process of changing the password in .ini files works till MDM 5.5 version.

From MDM 7.1 version, the password Must be Changed only at the Auxilliary level. Changing it in the .ini file directly will have no effect.

In MDM 7.1, configuration of some repository-specific MDIS/MDSS parameters moved from the repository sections of mdis.ini/mdss.ini to a new MDIS/MDSS-specific Repository Detail pane in MDM Console.

When you connect to the Auxilliary servers, you fill find both the configurations for MDIS and MDSS:

User: The user name MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Password: The password MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Use the same password that you have assigned to Admin in the Console.

You can refer to the Console Reference guide : page number 263.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks~~ This post helps me quite a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>In-order to work the MDIS & MDSS, do we have to re-set the Passwords for the MDIS & MDSS manually

I would assume you need to do that, also since MDM 7.1, you don't need to go to .ini files to make changes to MDSS or MDIS, you can connect through Auxiliary server from Console itself. Changing parameters directly in .ini file is prone to human errors

Thanks

Aamir