cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance monitoring by service operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using PI 7.1 I am drafting naming conventions for our company's PI development and using PI Best Practices : Naming Conventions as a starting point.

Now one issue I have , and I beleive it is quite a big one, is that the best practice recommends that service interfaces group service operations on the same object.

The problem I have is where do we actually get performance statistics by service operation ? Early watch does not have these statistics but only response time by service interface. SXMB_MONi either.

Do you know if we can get statistics by service operation ?

Is this comming in future enhencement pack for PI or solution manager ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thierry.

hi

as i know, you can configure NWA to work same as RWB. also you can configure it to have a monitor of every service that was called from an to SAP PI.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a08916d9-b28b-2a10-12a2-99517c943...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the document.

However, I don't see where we can monitor web service performance by "service operation" ... it seems that PI 7.1 added service operation concept but no way to actually monitor their performance...

By monitor , I mean, get a performance report. For example, I would like the average response time of a specific service operation.

All I see now are statistics for services . These statistics are too "vague" or rather smoothed out if you have many service operations in one service interface.

Is the strategy to use the service call statistics from the caller system... this is unfortunately not always possible since the calling system could be at outside company... (which is often the case).

Ideas or recommendations anyone... ! I would expect SAP could respond to this. Perhaps I will also open a customer message.

Thanks.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thierry

as i know the documents i passed to you explain hoe to monitor web servicies--> numbers of calls, performance, operations, etc etc. you only have to configure the NWA.

if that document is no enough, keep looking for some other related, i will look for my side.

thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, can you tell me where you see information on operation monitoring in that document ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the answer that performance monitoring by service operation is not possible...

Really something that would be nice.

Answers (0)