Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to assign roles centrally even SCUM is set to global

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a CUA configured. For role assignment, the setting on SCUM is "global".

However at the central system when I assign roles to a user in the child system, even I see the assignment is successful, that user still cannot access any granted txn at the child system.

At txn SCUL, the status is "unconfirmed" but no error in the log.

I run txn PFUD for that user, but useless.

I never saw this in my previous CUA project.

What could be wrong?

BTW, we can create users centrally for any child system.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume, that the rfc-user has sufficient rights in the child system.... (means for assigning roles and scheduling releasing batch jobs if you use the solution from 555229)

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Jun 16, 2010 10:57 AM

7 REPLIES 7

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can start with checking user authorization buffer in SU56. This would give you what profiles are really assigned to the user. You can easily map back from profiles to roles.

There are also some OSS notes with similar issues on sevice.sap.com/notes? Have you searched there?

There is also a chapter dedicated to error analysis in CUA cookbook. I would have a look there as well.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There certain things you need to check

1. Did you do user comparsion?

2. Did you check the SCUL log?

SCUL ->choose (error,unconfirmed & warning) user / roles / profiles execute -> you will get list of users

Priority of resolving would be the same order 1. Error (red) 2. Unconfirmed (Gray) and 3. Warnings.(Yellow).

based on the error you can re distrubute the idoc.

Procedure :

Select the user which you would like to re-distribute for a particular system -> it will display user / roles / profile ->

Let stay roles are Grayed -> highlight on the role -> click on F7 button or cross mark(Distrbution) . You will receive new window with selection of IDOC type. Select appropriate IDOC type -> choose roles -> continue.

3. Text comparsion

To get a newly created role to a system quickly avoiding Text Comparison to all systems i.e from CUA. Instead you can do text comparsion from child systems.

Finallly your SCUM settings are correct.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At txn SCUL, the status is "unconfirmed" but no error in the log.

You have to redistribute the unconfirmed idoc

Thanks,

Sri

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in tcode SCUA whether the child system is accessible or not. If it is not then it will show red status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the scul status is unconfirmed this may be because the idoc in the child system was not processed yet. A very common cause is, if it is still with status 64(maybe because of missing ressources). So check the idoc dirctly in the child sstem (bd87, we02,....).

Please check sap note 399271 (section inbound processing) and also

555229-->solution pnt. 2

I assume, that the rfc-user has sufficient rights in the child system....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume, that the rfc-user has sufficient rights in the child system.... (means for assigning roles and scheduling releasing batch jobs if you use the solution from 555229)

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Jun 16, 2010 10:57 AM