cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP assignment - Role Validity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about role validity periods in CUP when the request gets approved. Currently valid from period is selected based on request creation date and end date is always set to 12/31/9999. Is there any way the 'from date' can be set to the date the request gets its final approval with out asking the approves to change the dates as the request can have multiple approvers.

Request approval is set at role level and auto provisioning is in place.

Thank you.

R R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per the current design of CUP application. Role Validity that will be provisioned will depends on the validity that Role that you have specified in the request. I think it would be difficult to link approval date with role validity.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you allow approvers to change the request, they might be able to set the start date to the approval date.

May I ask why you want to do this - the user is not going to have access to the role before the final approval, so why does that matter to you? The change documents will also show when he got the role.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasan, Frank

Thanks for the replies. A custom program that looks at these periods and send emails, among other actions, to users with role information. This program can not send emails if the validity period is beyond certain days.

Is this FM /VIRSA/ROLE_ASSIGN_CUA can be customized to accomplish this?

As an option we can ask approvers to change the from date to current day.

Thanks

R R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want inform apporovers to change validity dates of Roles to current this can be done by email.

Every approver get "Next Approver " Notification. You can configure the "Next approver" Notification at the last stage in this manner asking him to change the validity dates.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan