cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency translation is running for only one fisc year??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are performing CT on our forcasting periods which are 18 months . Our fisc year is from Nov to oct.

our forcasting months are from 2010.NOV to 2012.FEB.

When i run the currency translatoin using DM or default logic for first time execution . It only performs for one year that is it runs for only 2010.NOV and 2010.DEC. if i executs it runs for next fiscal year..

So when FXTRANS is ran the CT runs for one year at once. could ssome tell me why this is happening.

can some one provide me how to proceed doing CT for multiple years at a time.

Regards

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you had used only *RUN_PROGRAM CURR_CONVERSION.

You have to run currency transalation inide the FOR loop so that system will take all the years, whatever you have given in input screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This is by design. Just because it is by design does not mean it is a good design. The common practice that initiated this thread.....must be resolved by SAP in a single pass of the logic for performance purposes rather than multipassing the logic with FOR NEXT processing.....I seriously doubt SAP will ever understand the practical ramifications of such a crazy design thinkiing process like FEWER sales of the product.....fewer people using business rules generally so WHY MOVE TO NETWEAVER etc etc....this needs to be FIXED in the program as whether it is by design or not it is NOT A GOOD DESIGN!

AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE POSTING DATES!!!! on this FORUM!

Edited by: Richard Jabbour on Jun 21, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the same issue, please could you let me know how you resolved this issue?

Thanks

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case, it runs only for one category at a time. I think the same is applied to the 'Time' dimension.

Is it possible for you to create a 'Package Link' and include the currency translation package twice there.

First for running the currency package for a given financial year and include the package again in the package link and this time to run it for a different selection.

Try creating package links and see that has the required solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sreeni/L and AK-

were you able to solve your issue.

I'm running through the exact issue on 7.5 NW sp5.

Sometimes the CC runs for 1 mnth and sometimes it runs for 3 mnths..tho i give the whole fiscal year.

is having the CC in forloop the workaround? does it work..?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I dont know whether your prob is solved or Not.

If not , we also faced the same problem and with this Code Change i.e Adding For & next we got the code working for for multiple Years.

This is our Code :

*XDIM_MEMBERSET FP_TIME AS %GROUP1% = %FP_TIME_SET%

*FOR %TIME% = %GROUP1%

*SELECT(%RPTCURRENCYVARIANT%, "ID" , "FP_RPTCURRENCY", "[CURRENCY_TYPE]='R'")

*RUN_PROGRAM CURR_CONVERSION

CATEGORY = %FP_CATEGORY_SET%

TID_RA = %TIME%

CURRENCY = %RPTCURRENCYVARIANT%

RATEENTITY = GLOBAL

OTHER = [FP_BUSUNIT=%FP_BUSUNIT_SET%]

*ENDRUN_PROGRAM

*NEXT

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Chaithanya

former_member1192543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Which BPC version r u using?Share the Logic what your using to execute the CC.

How ur doing The Currency Conversion(CC)?Whether through

1.Business rule

2.Using Script Logic

IN Both CAses the scenario is if your Rate Application has value from 2010.Nov to 2012.Feb and you have't given any time frame when running the CC through DM then the CC will execute for all the time period.

The configuration of Business rule or Script logic has to be correct with out any time frame..

As your saying your running the default logic then there should not be any time frame..

Regards,

Naresh.K