cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Data Guard, SAP instances not coming up after switchover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have implemented Dataguard, Uisng Maximum performance with real time apply (redo log apply). Redo logs are apply from primary to standby perfectly. And the SAP Instances are up and running, when we create a user in primary its reflecting in standby server.

When i do the the switchover from primary <--> standby. There is no communication between R3 and database. I have refered the Note 400241, have not got the solution. I changed the password of the OPS$ user uisng brtools utility. Still getting the r3trans return code 0012.

O/s-Windows 2003 server

DB- Oracle 10g

SAP ECC 6.0

Regards,

Nisar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

We would like to implement the data guard , the system landscapes are also similar to your site. Can u pls give me the documentation which explains step by step configuration. We are not able to activate oracle enterprise manager where the configuration is slightly simple. Is it possible to have the primary and standy database with same db_name?. Pls help to proceed further.

Regards

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to do tnsping from the CI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not have any problem at database level. Primary server is in open and active mode & Standby server is in standby mount status. TNS ping is perfect and SAP Instances are up for Primary and Standby server. After doing the switchover from primary to standby and standby to primary, redos are shipping perfectly. But the issues is SAP Instaces at primary and standby are not comming up.

Regards,

Nisar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No reply to is Post. Could you reply to this thread?

Regards,

MNA

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MNA,

your information is pretty generic without an exact error.

Why not posting the content of trans.log like requested by Karan?

Regards

Stefan

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste trans.log here