Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of PO in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have to cover the following scenario:

an order is sold to a customer belonging to a Sales Area from a plant that doesn't belong to the company of the sales area of the order.

In this case the standard support the creation of the intercompany billing between the two Companies involved but it doesn't generate automatically a PO from Company A to Company B.

Do you know if the standard could cover this requirement? May be with the automatic PO creation linked to the setting of the item category?

Let me know

Many Thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

Edited by: Angelo Gaiatto on Jun 10, 2010 8:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ang,

If you want automatic PO out of intercompany invoice there will be way to create.

1. Invoice should have EDI output.

2. EDI output will generate Idoc.

3. From Idoc you will generate PO.

or

If you want to generate from Sales order then;

1. Schedule line category will have PRN entry.

2. PRN to PO.

This helps then you can appreciate giving points.

JACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jack,

thank you so much for your answer.

Regarding the generation of the idoc do you think there is an idoc standard that I can associate to the intercompany billing in order to generate a PO?

And for the solution n.2 (generate Po from sales order): what do you mean with PRN entry?

Thank you again

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve your issue.

- From the sales order scheduline category generates a purchase requisition( PRN)

- Now you can create a PO with this purchase requisition.( t code - ME57)

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo

Scenario you described: Customer X is raising order on Sales Org/Company code A. A is delivering from Plant Q which belongs to Sales Org/Company code B. And you want a PO between A ( Ordering Party) and B (Vendor) with Q as supplying plant and P (belonging to A) as receiving plant.

1) Standard inter-company sales process includes SAP EDI functionality to carry out posting to vendor account

in the Ordering comany code. Thus though there is no physical PO the customer-vendor relationship between the 2 companies is preserved. Do you still need a PO?

2) Why do you need a PO when you are not delivering the materials to the customer from P- Plant belonging to Company A? And how do you plan to close the PO? What happens to material delivered from Q (B) to P(A)?

3) If you want a PO, then do a standard Inter Company STO between A and B, but sell and bill from Plant belonging to A.

We can raise a MRP requirement in Plant Q for a sales order to be delivered from P, but you need to deliver from P and not Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar,

I need the Po because all the reporting is based on MM and not on FI documents so it's necessary to create a logic flow made by PO and Good receipt.

Thank you so much for your help

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar,

I need the Po because all the reporting is based on MM and not on FI documents so it's necessary to create a logic flow made by PO and Good receipt.

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar,

Edited by: Angelo Gaiatto on Jun 11, 2010 9:18 AM