Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.10 version queries

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Couple of queries on SAP NW 7.10

Can someone please list me on any differences for SAP NW 7.1 from basis perspective (I take NW 7.01 as NW7 with EHP1 etc). I believe Visual admin, config tool and sdm are not available anymore and all deployments take place through nwa ?

When people say it has PI capabilities, does it mean SAP PI as a product will not be there anymore ?

If NW 7.1 is already released, why are we not able to see a download for it on service market place ?

How about 7.2, I also came across some queries on upgrade for 7.2.. has that arrived too ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Deployment is still possible using JSPM (which has not disappeared).

Settings can still be done using configtool, 7.1 features Zero Administration templates which come in SCA files and can be updated using JSPM also. This enables you to have the latest recommended settings (java params ..) from SAP without having to manually adjust the parameters.

Visual Administrator is gone and replaced by NWA where you can easily find back the entries you would find in Visual Administrator on 7.0 using the quicklinks in NWA.

One big difference is that PI 7.1 uses the SAP JVM and no longer the vendor JVM (AIX, HP/UX or whatever).

The SAP JVM is a JVM created by SAP which has the advantage that it can be updated using JSPM and no longer requires intervention on the server (which can be annoying if you have many SAP systems on your server as they all had to be stopped in the past to update the JVM).

The SAP JVM also has more frequent updates (SCA file available on SAP service marketplace). Point of attention is that when you update the SAP JVM, a copy of the old version is maintained in your SAP kernel directory so make sure you have sufficient space in the exe directory that the new version can be deployed and the old one backed up.

KIind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visual admin and sdm are gone with 7.1

config tool is still there

SAP PI as a product will not be there anymore -> this is not correct, PI 7.1 does exist

If NW 7.1 is already released, why are we not able to see a download for it on service market place ?

You can see PI 7.1 and CE 7.1, but you cannot get NW 7.1 standalone so far.

7.2.. has that arrived too

Not yet.

Cheers Michael