cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO messages got held in the queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In our scenario we are sending an IDOC from SAP whenever a material is newly created in SAP to a third party file share location.

Please note that i have to maintain EOIO(requirement)at the same time when ever we send an IDOC from SAP,the status is set to HOLD in XI(and we know that this message is because it's predecessor got stucked in the queue)

But when we check the queue in SMQ2 it looks fine(no entries there)even then if an IDOC is send from SAP the status goes to HOLD.what could be the reason for this ?

RGds,

Vasanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check if you file in not blocking the queue

(adapter framework part):

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203764
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe a small tip:

In PI 7.31 Single Java Stack I met the similar problem.

After finding the original message, which is in the "held" status, try to restart it by "Sequenz neu starten", but not use "Erneu senden". In english, they could be  translated as "Restart in sequence" or "resend".

Hope it could help you.

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I am facing the encryption issue and dscryption issue in my senario Proxy to Jdbc, could you please suggest me asap.

Regards:

Udayabhaskar.Ravoori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info.It works...............

I have reassigned the points for you.

RGds,

Vasanth.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I'm happy it works:)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

we are going as per the blog.evrything looks ok but i could not cancel the message(last step)and we are getting the following error

Unable to cancel 1 of 1 messages; update the status

(reason it says:<i>Predecessor not in final state</i>)

If we could able to cancel that message hope the problem would be solved.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Message was edited by: Vasanthakumar Balasubramani

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar problem, but we can't find the predecessor task. The highest sequential number we see is "2", and we can't cancel it because it's predecessor isn't completed, but we can't find the predecessor.

Any suggestions?

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you solve that?

How did you do to find the predecessor with error? I'm in the same issue.