cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a SOAP adapter for async/sync Service Interface Operation?

lars_ottawa2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently trying to create a scenario with a service interface which contains synchronous and asynchronous operations. But we have problems to get this scenario working... Has anybody else solved this problem? We want to use SOAP/WS -> Proxy communication... We have already tried to use the normal SOAP adapter, but here we have to specify the QoS in the comm. channel. and so only one QoS is possible.

An additional challenge within our scenario is, that we have to access WS-Addressing data within the PI. For SOAP adapter communication we have created a module which access the WS-A data, but this can't be used here, because the SOAP adapter seems not working in our case.

Has anybody an idea how this could work? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Did you get solution for this problem?

I am on PI 7.1 and facing the same issue....

Thanks,

Hetal Shah

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can solve this issue with one service using PI 7.1 . if you dont have it. you will have to create as services as operation you need.

Rgds

RP

lars_ottawa2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

perhaps I have described my problem not correct... We do not have the problem that we cannot create a service with sync and async operations. This service interface already exists. Our problem is, that, as we know, there is no way to create a SOAP or WS adapter communication channel which can handle this service interface... The SOAP adapter can only use synchronous or asynchronous (here, it is an exclusive or) service interfaces and the WS adapter can only use asynchronous service interfaces (according to SAP help). Perhaps we have missed something... But it looks weired, SAP allows service interfaces with combined operations but there seems to be no way to work with them...

Best Regards,

Lars

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But it looks weired, SAP allows service interfaces with combined operations but there seems to be no way to work with 
them...

Do you mean to say that SYNC and ASYNC operations wont work if used in the same Service Interface?

If yes, then have a look at this blog: /people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

Regards,

Abhishek.

lars_ottawa2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

thanks for your comment, but this do not solve the problem... In this blog one service interface is used, but they have created two sender business systems to get separated sender agreements, one for async communication (FILE) and one for sync communication (SOAP).

We want to use only one single business system with one single communication channel (SOAP, WS, or what ever) and a single sender agreement.

Best regards,

Lars

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If the Sender System is the same then the Receiver Determination, Interface Determination,
Sender Communication Channel can be reused.

Any chance you saw the above statement from the blog?

lars_ottawa2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

as I know the mentioned statement is not completley correct... Yes, if the sender system is the same, you can reuse the mentioned objects, but for the FILE or SOAP adapter you must specify the QoS and so you can only say the communication channel is either synchronous or asynchronous, not both... And as I know you can only create one sender agreement per sender system and service interface. And this sender agreement can only linked to one communication channel. So you have a problem if you will use a service interface with operations of both types.

Best Regards,

Lars

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

let me know if i understand you.

you have a Service wich one has many operation some sync, and other asyc, you r problem is that you want a CC that dynamic you can change the QoS and the SOAPAction rigth??

if so, see this

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

#OSS Note: 1255400 SOAPAction HTTP Header values inserted twice with DC Headers

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 11, 2010 9:43 AM