Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to name in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to figure out a way to find out if there are changes logged when a user's first or last name are changed in the SU01 record.

We have a user whose name was changed in SU01, but have no idea of how to find who changed it or when.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Dale Dingmann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

SAP doesn't maintain change log for First and Last name for a UMR. You can get change history for other fields (which are logged by SAP) through USH* tables or RSUSR10* programs.

Thanks,

Guruswami

Edited by: Guruswami S. Yellala on Jun 11, 2010 8:31 PM

9 REPLIES 9

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, it is possible through a custom program ( contact ABAP team ). We recently developed a program thru ABAP team which sends email whenever password is changed.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there should be change documents. Go to SU01 -> Information -> Change Documents for User.

Cheers

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Address data change documents can be found if the table loggin is active for USR01. Else, you need to activate it. Try by searching in the table CDHDR or CDPOS.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> ... Try by searching in the table CDHDR or CDPOS.

>

> Regards,

> Dipanjan

Hi Dipanjan,

I guess it depends on where the "SU01 user" changes their data from and whether it is in their own context or not.

There are many gems in SDN which go un-noticed by the casual observer (or flooded by spam type speculation answers)...

SDN points system gives the person who asked the question an option to take the easy way out sometimes (as appears to be the case here).

Cheers and enjoy the weekend,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dale,

You want see the changes details for users, like T.Code SU01, U see thru SUIM ( User Information System) then click Change documents for users. may be u can get all details from this T.Code SUIM.

or

retreive user history from tables USH02,USH04,USH10 and USH12.

also you can try through report RSUSR200 / RSUSR100

Note : Security Team have the authorizations to change the information in user master records.

As far as i know the other users should not be able to change the things in su01, they should have the authorization for su3 so that they can maintain the details about there own user id.But SU01 auth should not be given to all the user

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

>

> they should have the authorization for su3 so that they can maintain the details about there own user id.But SU01 auth should not be given to all the user

>

> Thanks,

> Sri

i know i am deviating from the topic, but SU50 and SU52 are better tnan SU3 if you want the users not to change their First and last names and address data

0 Kudos

All of these options, do not show the change of the First and Last Name field. They show password changes, authorization changes, etc.

I'm looking for a change history on changing the First or Last Name or phone number, etc of the SU01 user.

Thanks,

Dale Dingmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

SAP doesn't maintain change log for First and Last name for a UMR. You can get change history for other fields (which are logged by SAP) through USH* tables or RSUSR10* programs.

Thanks,

Guruswami

Edited by: Guruswami S. Yellala on Jun 11, 2010 8:31 PM

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.