Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the ALE settings in SAP

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a question about ALE setups.

Through ALE,a lot of data flows from one SAP system to another.Hence all these various SAP systems are maintained as logical systems and the appropriate RFC destinations are in place.

1.Now,if I wish to disable some of these recipient SAP systems ,how to go about it?

2.More importantly, I have a list SAP boxes(you can say,recipient logical systems),for which I need to check if they are still active or if they have already been disabled.

Basically,my problem is that I have a number of SAP programs which have got variants maintained ,containing these SAP boxes as partner recipient numbers as part of their variant data.Now,these variants are used to run a lot of batch jobs and I need to verify whether these mentioned partner recipient numbers are still up and active or they have been disabled while the variants never got rectified.

Please let me know as how this complete check can be made.

If any clarification regarding the problem is required,please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Papri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papri,

You could check the RFC connection in SM59 to see if this connection still works.

If it doesn't then the system it is connected to isn't communicating with the SAP system.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthews,

Thanks for your input but myself am working with ALE for the first time and hence not sure as what exactly to check in SM59.

1.For one of the partner recipient numbers,I found the name under the list of R/3 connections and on double clicking it ,could see the associated information.

However,the other partner recipient name ,I have,I could not find anywhere in this list,nor anywhere else in SM59.

2.However,when I checked the transaction WE20,both these names were listed under the partner type logical systems and both were showing the partner status as 'active,partner profile can be used'.

This is what got me confused.

3. Can I safely conclude, that if the name is not present in SM59 list,that implies that the RFC connection is no longer active?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use BD87 check the ALE log.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Papri,

See below a fast overview for Application Link Enabling settings to check:

1- Are logical systems with which you want to exchange data defined ?

If not, you cannot have a RFC connection to those systems.

2- Do you have RFC R/3 connections for your logical systems (SM59) ?

If not, no transactional RFC port can be created for those RFC connections.

3- Do you have a transactional RFC port for your RFC connections (WE21) ?

If not, no parner profile can be generated for your parner type (Logical System).

4- Do you have a distribution model between systems (BD64) ?

If not, no data exchange via IDoc is possible as no partner profiles LS (WE20) are generated and no model view is distributed.

So, according to your point:

1- only one logical system can be reached by RFC connection. It is not possible for others,

2- that's why you have partner profile not being active,

3- so, RFC connection is no longer active for logical system is this situation.

Just one thing regarding those sentences from your first post:

>(...)

> Basically,my problem is that I have a number of SAP programs which have got variants maintained ,containing these SAP boxes as partner recipient numbers as part of their variant data.

>Now,these variants are used to run a lot of batch jobs and I need to verify whether these mentioned partner recipient numbers are still up and active or they have been disabled while the variants never got rectified.

> (...)

As those partners (logical systems) are not defined, you should have a DUMP for those jobs.

It is not the case ?

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thank you.I think you have answered my query.

Well,as for the dumps in the jobs:

1.The logical systems are defined fine and so are their partner functions.

2.Not all the recipient partners ,mentioned in the variants,are inactive...some are while some are not.

3.The jobs ,as far as I know ,are not giving any dumps.

Take care,bye.

Papri