cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating Fields in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to modify a form that contains a bunch of floating fields. I more or less understand how they work but some of them are not text fields but only text component and have a blue icon in the object type.

I cannot see any properties while doing a double click on them and no definition can be found in the form context. In the form layout you can see them like this {#floatingField011478}.

Can anyone explain me where are they populated and how can I see their properties?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) In form builder layout, From the menu ; View-> XML source

2) copy the xml to a note pad, and search for this floating field, say #floatingField011478.You will be able to see the script behind it.

To understand it better, copy the 'Page n of m' object from Library->Custom to the forms, and search for the place holders.You will find a code like below.

<field h="7.5mm" name="CurrentPage" presence="hidden" w="55mm" x="114.917mm" y="6.078mm" access="readOnly"  id="floatingField000041">
               </event>
               <?templateDesigner floatingFieldPlaceholder #?>
               <bind match="none"/>
 </field>

3) You will be able to find details of binding in the object-binding tab or when you click on the floating field, you will be able to see the script in the script window.

Regards

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you guys for your answers. I was able to go further in understanding the floating fieldu2019s principle.

I just have another question, how are floating fields populated or initialized? I would like to know which value will be printed when the Form is executed. Is it in the calling ABAP program, the Interface or somewhere else? I cannot find anything in the Form Interface so I guess the print value must come from another place.

Thanks again for your help.

Sylvain

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the floating field is populated through the binding (tab Object - subtab Binding) like all other fields. The floating field works the same way as the ordinary field, the only change is the ability to "float" in the static text using the placeholder.

Regards Otto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sylvain,

Try to access the floating field via the hierarchy. If you place a text and place a floating field in it then the floating field will be placed right above or below of your text in the hierarchy. You can select the floating field in the hierarchy and set the properties in the object tab.

Cheers,

Sai