cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help consuming web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have just installed SAP CE 7.1 and the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.1. I am attempting to go through the following tutorial (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/7c/0feaee0d214b5e9f2e890e0668a833/frameset.htm) which walks through the configuration of building an application with Visual Composer which consumes a web service deployed as a WSDL on the CE system.

I went through the steps of adding the destination in the CE system, but unfortunately I can't seem to view it from the search task panel in the Netweaver Studio. I configured the CE system as the Java AS in the preferences, but apparently I am missing some other important configuration. Is there anything else that needs to be done on the CE system so that NWDS can connect to it? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong in the NWDS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am new to this and struggling to get started.

This is an error I'm getting: Error in search: Exception in search: null

Edited by: ethanwest on Jun 10, 2010 3:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to add the destination in Windows-Preferences-Destination Configuration-Web Service Configuration.

Then you can search it when selecting "web services" as provider

Edited by: Jan Nyfeler on Jun 11, 2010 8:52 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jan is correct. Just make sure you give the destination the same name as you gave it in the CE server. Otherwise, you'll get a RT error.

Thanks,

Natty