Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Workbook in a role in SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue in SAP BI 7.0 Security . I have created a Workbook role for a user which she is not able to view when she goes to RRMX>Save Workbook> . The user has all the required authorizations and she can see all the other workbook roles but there is just one role which she can't get in the list when she tries to save workbooks in it.

She can see the role otheriwse in the tab roles.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Manisha Nadir

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just stumbled over the same problem and posted a thread. When you create a role that is the first one to be executed for the user with workbooks, it shows only the first one. If you do this by copy from a other role or by creating a report from BI and the technical name from the workbook makes no difference. When you add a query to the role and looks in the menu tab at the description you also see the HTTP etc where the query can be found, that difference wonders me.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for replying but the issue I'm facing is with only a particular set of users who are able to see the role( with the workbooks in it ) if they try to open the workbooks in rrmx but they are not able to save workbooks to this specific role as the role doesn't figure out in the list of roles for saving workbooks into. This role has 2 wrokbooks assigned to it and these users are not able to save some more in it.

For some users this is working fine so there is definitely some authorization which is not there for a specific set of users.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Manisha Nadir

0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I had some similar problem faced in BI. It was found that some users who were facing the problem had older version of patch level of SAP GUI. It was rectified by updating the patch level. Please check the same, if possible

0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

The versions are same across all the users still its now showing up for some users.

Regards,

Manisha Nadir

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have no authorizations for update a role, you will not see it when trying to save a workbook(s_user_agr with activity 01,02,06 and the name of the role or * is needed). I made a special role for saving workbooks and also had the name of it in s_user_agr, you will find this when save the workbook in save workbook as and if there is already an other workbook in the role you will also see this in the option add a workbook to a role.

It is also possible that the workbook is called from history or favorites and if you then will save it you need a role as described before.

It is advisable to try this out with the trace on in st01. I noticed that depending of queries and workbooks saving, it uses s_rfc, s_cts_admi(tabl), s_rs_tools (themes for workbooks and webpublish is also an option) and the object in previous answers from this thread.

I noticed that if you start a query from roles, that only the roles with queries are shown, the same for workbooks.

Have fun

Bye

Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

One littile suggestion. Does the role is question assigned to the person who is trying to save the workbook in it? Please check this out and let me know.

Reg,

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry it took a while, but I had a summer vacation. If you save a workbook or a view you do this in your favorites or in a role you are allowed to. This role in which you are allowed to do so, must be assigned to you and have the right activities and name of the role you are allowed to edit in. It is possible that this role is not added to your user id, it is an update to a record in the system.

Have fun

Bye

Jan van Roest

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

same recommendation as made in

Please test ist...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

Did you add these auth for the user

S_USER_AGR ACTV : 01,02,22

S_USER_TCD

S_GUI,ACT=60 ACTV : 60

S_BDS_DS 03,30

class type OT

RSWB_ROLES_REORG to identify what workbooks are not attached to a role.

Thanks,

Sri

Edited by: sri on Aug 5, 2010 9:00 PM