Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

we are using GRC CUP 5.3 SP11,

We are using CAD ''ROLE'' at Role approver stage , so that role approvers can approve the roles

but however our client wants to use common inbox (2 or more approvers)

can we achieve this? how can we make sure at Role approver stage a group approvers get an email?

shouldnt this group have an ID ?

autentication system is UME and user data source is LDAP

regards

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

First of all, you do not need to create CAD for role. The standard approver determinator ROLE is already available in the stage level configuration. You can use that only. Also, it is not possible to have a common inbox for 2 approvers. What you can do is to have Distribution Lists as Approvers of role. This way all the users included in the DL list will get the request for approval. Also, once you create the request and make the approver a DL list then for stage approval you can get the email to be sent to the DL list itself. The DL lists available in LDAP can be used for this.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

We are using the standard CAD ''ROLE'' , i have not created one.

I have tried that already ( using DL ) but the people involved in DL cannot see the request in thier CUP box for approval

ofcourse i have DL as approver for the role requested .

any thoughts

Regards

kev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kev,

In that case check if you have defined the DL's correctly in CUP Config -> Approvers. Check if you have defined the approver of the roles as DL. Also, check the SMTP settings and see if you are able to send email through that... Run the background job of Email Dispatcher and then immediately check the CUP logs to see if any error comes there. I am using the same feature for a client and its working correctly for me.. You can check if any email is generated at all in the system in the table virsa_ae_emllog. This table stores information about all the emails generated by CUP.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kev,

Another point is to complete the LDAP mapping along with mapping all the LDAP and CUP attributes. As the DL will be populated from LDAP you need to do this.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

In LDAP mapping I have Distribution List Member Empty and I dont have addtional fields either.

what value did you pass for field DISTRIBUTION LIST MEMBER ? our Active directory is LDAP

Regards

Kev