cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to filter a particular alert out of a generic alert that has been set up.

Is there a way to do this?

BR,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check note:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Seems you are getting very few time for that FTP service. So you can not filter alert based on this error. This filter is always based on some component or object(namespace, message interface or Business sytem etc) of PI server. You can not filter based on that particular error.

thanks,

madhu

0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I think you can refer to the note below for more information about alerts:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, provide your interface name, namespace etc details and type of error instead of generic No restriction.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific.

We're getting this kind of error message on the Java stack for an FTP connection fail:

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "194.197.96.15:21": 

Would like to filter these messages out until the root cause of the problem is fixed.

BR,

Tony.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Would like to filter these messages out until the root cause of the problem is fixed.

One workaround is check the Suppress Multiple alerts for this Rule.....in case you are worried about getting alert mails every time the polling is done.

Other is explained by Prateek.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the numerous alert categories available to make your alert more descriptive.

If you know what is the business system and interface that is involved for the communication channel, you can easily identify for which CC the issue is triggered.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Also, you the container as mentioned in this blog so that you can get better description - /people/steven.lenaerts/blog/2010/06/01/long-adapter-engine-error-text