cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching ABAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m doubting about the next concept. When we patching a system, the patches are installed on the database,not? This patches installed not will fill the directory usr/sap/SID , not?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP patches will update the objects which are stored in the database. It will increase the database size and not the /usr/sap/<SID> filesystem.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP ABAP patches are only stored in database not in file system.

the patches are installed on the database

It is saved on database only.

will fill the directory usr/sap/SID

No.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believed this, but I´m not sure.

Then, I will change the transport DIR to another file system, and do the update system.

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Then, I will change the transport DIR to another file system, and do the update system.

But still we need to have trans directory as some /EPS/in is required, that means /usr/sap/trans is required.

I mean to say saving in database does not mean it will not do anything on /usr/sap/trans, still trans directory should be there to save your physical patch file , hope it will clear you.

Regards,

Edited by: Gagan Deep Kaushal on Jun 10, 2010 4:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagan,

But if I change the transport dir /usr/sap/trans to another file system, in the tcode STMS, the sapcar will extract the patches on the usr/sap/trans/eps/in ,not?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you maintain the system to reflect the location of /usr/sap/trans it should be ok

Check DIR_TRANS is pointing to the right location... now if the changes are done at OS level and the path does not change then theres no need to maintain it.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you maintain the system to reflect the location of /usr/sap/trans it should be ok

Check DIR_TRANS is pointing to the right location... now if the changes are done at OS level and the path does not change then theres no need to maintain it.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Juan