SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming check Payment reconciliation in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viewers,

I am having a requirement to do the BRS in FICA. The requirement is briefed below:

1. All the consumer cheques are accounted in the FICA module on daily basis. In FI-GL the total amount is being transferred as a single line item.

Where as in the bank statement, amount is not reflected as same as the FI-GL document. This amount is coming in more than one Bank statement.

Due to this, I am planning to do the BRS in FICA. Is it possible to clear the cashed customer cheque in FI-CA. If not could you please give me some solution to overcome from this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Aswin

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aswin,

Take a look to posting area 0080, here you can define account to do the cheque reconciliation in FICA.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Dear Cristobal,

Thank you so much for immediate reply. I have tried with posting area 0080 and i have configured the electronic bank statement settings in FICA.

After uploading the bank statement it is going to the payment lot. but it is not posting the entry from clearing entry to main bank account. Could you please give me some solution what will be reason.

Thanks

Aswin

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the bank clearing account that you have assigned in posting area in 0080 is valid for creation of check lot in the following location-

IMG->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract Account receivables and payable->Buisness Transactions->payments->Define Bank Clearing accounts for payment lots.

Also check the psoting area 1031 as well.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

Is it possible to update the cleared check in FICA through electronic bank statement, I brifed the scenario below:

1. I have posted the incoming payment as follows:

Dr Incoming check account

Cr Business partner Account.

when i upload the electronic bank statement system suppose to post the below entry based on the check number.

Dr Main bank account

Cr Incoming check account.

The above said entry is not coming. I would like to whether it is possible to update the above entry by uploading the electronic bank statement .

Hope this clears...

Thanks

Aswin

0 Kudos

Hi Viewers,

Any update on this please..

Thanks

Aswin

Moderator Note - OP notified of poor etiquette regarding post bumping.

Edited by: William Eastman on Jun 21, 2010 6:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

The second entry will happen once the file coming from the bank in posted in FI-CA.

thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please read the description in SAP note 426416: "Reconciliation of cashed checks in contract A/R & A/P".

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for both of you for the reply.

The notes 426416 is telling that only for check management of the outgoing checks. I am not having any issue, in case of outgoing check encashment.

Only incoming check, at the bank statement upload clearing entry is not happening.

Thanks

Aswin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am working on FICA/FS-CD please can you help me on how you managed to configure the electronic bank statement. Please can you guide me step by step on this issue. I am quite familiar with the normal FI EBS but how are the payments lots created in FICA.

regards

Euclid