cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

In my case i have 100Kg material in stock in (A) location due to storage problem i want to transfer 40Kg material in (B) location now my batch no. is same & next inspection date is same for both stock quantity. Now as per standerd practice system create 2 recurring inspection lot for both storage location. But my cliant wants to not create lot for transfered material quantity 40Kg (B). how can we do this? we want one lot for 60Kg (A) only.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, no can do. The program does not take storage location into consideration. Lots will be created for each portion of the batch if it resides in multiple storage locations. This stinks in most cases, I know.

But the reasoning is that each storage location can have different storage conditions, i.e. what if one storage location was a climate controlled warehouse while the other was an open shed style with just a roof? The material in the open shed area could have significant degradation compared to the material in the climate controlled warehouse. So you have to inspect each and make a disposition for each separately.

It would be nice if SAP allowed a way, like a radio button in the main program screen, that could be toggeled on to create one lot per batch. Simialr to what the do with quality notifications when you can have one QN or one QN for each defect.

But they don't.

The only thing I can suggest is to look at using the copy function to copy the results over to each inspection lot. Or use a follow-up action on the UD to copy over the results to the other lots and do a UD on them.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch is either created at material level or at plant level.It is not maintained at the storage location level.So recurring lot for same batch can not be controlled for the different storage location.

This can be seen in SLED data in the material master.This data is not storage location relevant