cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 logoff takes up to two minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed a SRM 7 system in a sandbox-environment but when pressing the logoff button it can take up to two minutes for users to logoff, any ideas why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was solved after I applied SP8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, too much in my head today. I have to correct myself, this system is running Windows 2003 with MSSQL 2005.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sorry, too much in my head today. I have to correct myself, this system is running Windows 2003 with MSSQL 2005.

smile

well - in that case I'd check SM50 and ST05 what the system is doing when users are logging off.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus: System is quite good sized I would say, it´s not "slow" in other regards when using it. It´s a 64-bit system running Linux and MaxDB, it´s installed in a Vmware-environment running 4 CPUs and a lot of memory and system is idling. Disks are on a fast SAN. I don´t think this is hardware related.

Masa: Yes, it happens for all logoffs, for everyone everytime.

I´ll try ST05.

Any other ideas?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus: System is quite good sized I would say, it´s not "slow" in other regards when using it. It´s a 64-bit system running Linux and MaxDB, it´s installed in a Vmware-environment running 4 CPUs and a lot of memory and system is idling. Disks are on a fast SAN. I don´t think this is hardware related.

How much memory have you assigned to the database (CacheSize)?

What are your database I/O times (DB50 - Task manager - press on the 'clock' button and switch on the DBanalyzer)

Any other ideas?

We had a basis consultant on-site a few weeks ago and he said, that he knows many customers switching back from VMWare environments for their production systems to bare metal for the frontend services (including BSP and WD-ABAP) because the rountrips created by the programs are, due to the nature of them, much slower. I can't comment on that because we don't run SAP systems under VMWare but it makes sense.

Markus

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it happen every log off? If it is the first time after installation, maybe program code was compiled. If not, you can take performance trace in ST05 transaction.

Regards,

Masa

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have installed a SRM 7 system in a sandbox-environment but when pressing the logoff button it can take up to two minutes, any ideas why?

No - too less information.

I can just name a few possible things:

- inappropriate sizing

- 32bit

- database misconfigured

- slow disks

I'd take an SQL Trace in ST05 to see what's happening.

Markus