cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Library DC usage problem - unable to deploy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I have a problem regarding the External Library DC usage(CE 7.2 version ). I have a jar file which needs to be used in web dynpro component. so i have

1. created a External Library Dc

2. added the jar file to lib folder of ext lib dc and created two public parts of type Assemly and compilation

3. exposed the jar file to public parts

Created a JEE enterprise application Dc for deploying the External Library DC.

1. in the enterprise application dc , added the External Lib Dc as dependencies (Runtime and deploy time)

2. After doing this, i build the application which results me in a warning as

createDeployArchive:

[cdu] Preparing archive for deploy unit "default"

[cdu] deployment type: "J2EE"

[cdu] WARNING: Runtime dependency to "ext_lib" ("demo.sap.com") will be ignored because of an incompatible type.

[cdu] WARNING: Deploy-time dependency to "ext_lib" ("demo.sap.com") will be ignored because of an incompatible type.

[cdu]

[cdu] Creating Ant build file: F:\CE 7.2.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t2\02E5ADC126DEAAEB930EC0100DC0E4A6\default\logs\buildDeployArchive.xml

[cdu]

[cdu] Creating descriptor META-INF/sda-dd.xml ...

[cdu]

[cdu] Skipping creation of application.xml for JEE5 archive.

[cdu]

[cdu] Validating descriptor F:\CE 7.2.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\fazaltest\ear\_comp\META-INF\application-j2ee-engine.xml

[cdu] Setting provider name to "demo.sap.com".

[cdu] WARNING: No component dependency exists for reference to "jsapi_ext_lib" (demo.sap.com).

[cdu]

[cdu] Collecting modules ...

[cdu] Adding module 'cgjsapi.jar' from DC 'ext_lib' (vendor 'demo.sap.com'), public part 'jsapi_assem'

[cdu] WARNING: Missing deploy-time dependency for hard runtime reference to "ext_lib" (vendor "demo.sap.com").

[cdu] Ant build file creation finished in 0.031 seconds

due to this warning, i am unable to deploy my external Lib DC.

Please provide some inputs on this........

am i missing anything ???

thanks and regards,

Fazal Ahamed B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow below article.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60d99678-1a29-2d10-94b4-9d9a67b7199b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Its written by me.

Hope it helps.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried to follow ur article but still no luck.

i am using Ce 7.2 version and i have already done this in Ce 7.1 without ant problem.now even that componenrt is getting failed in CE 7.2 version.the problem is External Dc is not getting deployed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please provide some inputs on this .....

Thanks and Regards,

Fazal Ahamed B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced the same isssue once when I was using NWDS 7.0.9 ,then we changed it to 7.0.16 and it was working but the only change I did was using the Public parts of the External Library DC directly in the Web Dynpro component,I added them as Used DC ,and it was working fine.

You can try that I have not worked in CE 7.1

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not facing any problem in using the external Dc in web dynpro component or in any other Dc.

My only problem is "unable to deploy to external dc component" so that i can use in web dynpro component.please provide inputs on this

thanks and Regards,

Fazal Ahamed B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fazal

I just got 1 point from the trace you provided.

"Created a JEE enterprise application Dc for deploying the External Library DC"

Why you are using an "enterprise application Dc" to deploy your JAR External Library DC.

Have you tried deploying it using a "J2EE Server Component -> Library" ?

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Created a JEE enterprise application Dc for deploying the External Library DC"

Why you are using an "enterprise application Dc" to deploy your JAR External Library DC.

Have you tried deploying it using a "J2EE Server Component -> Library" ?

J2EE server component dc is not available in my version CE 7.2 .... coz it is removed (mean to say "Deprecated" and its no longer exits) , instead of it we have to use enterprise application Dc for deployinbg library DC.

Thanks and Regards,

Fazal

shabeer_skhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

Created a JEE enterprise application Dc for deploying the External Library DC.

1. in the enterprise application dc , added the External Lib Dc as dependencies (Runtime and deploy time)

2. After doing this, i build the application which results me in a warning as

External Library DCs are not deployable. In order to deploy an external library DC it is wrapped using DCs which are deployable, e.g an Enterprise Application DC.

Since a 'deploy time' dependency to the external library DC exists in the enterprise application DC, a check is made to see whether external library DC is deployed. This check will always fail because external library DCs are not deployable. Please remove both deploy time and run time dependencies on the external library DC and then deploy the enterprise application DC.

Regards,

Shabeer

Answers (0)