cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Trace -- HTTP Plugin for Internet Explorer 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured E2E Root Cause Analysis, and we are trying to use "Trace Analysis".

We have download HTTP Plugin that is attach in Note 1041556, but in this note we have found that this plugin is for IE 6 and IE 7, and in our customer we have IE 8.

Do you know if we can use this HTTP Plugin with this version of IE? Is there any specific plugin?

Many thanks in advance,

Esther

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have opened an issue with SAP and they told us that we can use SAP Client Plugin with IE8 (it should work), and in a few days they will certificate IE8 and SAP Client Plugin.

After that, we have try to use SAP Client Plugin but we don't receive any data and no trace is generated.

Please, could you tell us how to use SAP Client Plugin and IE8?

Many thanks and regards,

Esther

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Esther,

Please keep us updated when you here more back from SAP or have more success with IE8. This a topic of interest to everyone :).

Thank you,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Note 1435190 has been updated with a new SAP Client Plug-in that supports IE8.

We have try to make a trace analysis with this client and now it is collecting data.

Hope this will help you.

Many thanks for your collaboration and kind regards,

Esther

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

i would just suggest u use the client plugin for RCA trace analysis which works perfectly

Note 1435190 - SAP Client plug-in

cuz the http plugin get me dumped every time with different versions of IE

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for clarification, but my message to SAP was on the SAP Client Plug-in and not the HTTP plugin.

JIAMIN I would be interested in you perhaps sharing some actual examples of how it worked with IE8 in the wiki, if you got it to work with IE8.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your help Stephen.

We also have a message open with SAP in relation with this issue, but they still don't answer us.

Regards,

Esther

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we have anything specific for IE 8 till now. you may please refer the SAP Note1435190 - SAP Client plug-in and this might solve your issue.

Rajeev

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I was searching for an answer on this question here, I got a reply back from my message to SAP on this topic(I'm not the original poster of this question).

SAP support told me that they do not support IE8 with the SAPClient plugin for the present moment and could not tell me when a future version was planned with support for IE8.

I wanted to share this with everyone here, as I know it will be common question in the future.

Take care,

Stephen