Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide submit button in form

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an interactive form with a submit button that i displayed online thru webdynpro for the user to key in data. And when user clicked on the submit button, i will validate the data in the webdynpro action handler, and will send out a copy of the same form as an attachment in email.

But when sending this form in email, i do not want the email recipient to see the submit button when they open up the form to view. And the form should be in display mode as well.

So 2 questions:

1. how do i go about hiding the submit button and setting the form in display mode?

2. For setting the form in display mode... i currently uses cl_wd_adobe_services create_pdf method to generate the xstring for email, so i can set the enable = ' '. Any other way to do this if i going to use the xstring from pdfsource of the interactive form UI element?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Hiding the UI elements in Interactive form try using Scripts (FormCalc).

The script for hiding the Submit Button is:

<path of the UI element in the Subform>.presence = "visible" / "hidden"

The Script for making a field editable / read-only is:

<path of the UI element in the Subform>.access = "readOnly" (Not Sure about the casing

For more information, refer to the bolg:

/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2006/01/31/access-mode-and-presence-of-fields-on-adobe-interactive-forms

Regards,

Poojith MV

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You could create a form without any (submit) button and place a native Web Dynpro button below the form

2. Using cl_wd_adobe_services is ok, but I wouldn't bind pdfSource then for performance reasons.

Ralf

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Ralf,

THanks for the answer.

1. Yeap. One of the option i am considering. Currently what i do is, insert a hidden checkbox into the form, bind it to a attribute in the Webdynpro context node. When i want to hide the submit button, i set this value to X and i put a javascript in the form to check this checkbox, if it is X i hide it. Any other idea will be great.

2. If i can use pdfsource straight then i guess it should be better? Is there anyway to manipulate the xstring to disable all the fields?