Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement of putting partial batch qty to restricted status

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a requirement where in the 100000 EA of FG is produced & is having a single batch no., but out of these 3000 need to be reworked & shall take atleast 5-6days for rework, on the other hand we cant wait for that long to deliver the remaining 97000 EA of FG.

My question here is that can i put partial qty of a batch to restricted use & do the rework & at the same time my remaining 97000 are in unrestricted use & can be dispatched readily.

Looking forward to your valualbe inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Closure of thread.

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Closure of thread.

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Closure of thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate batch status management in customisation.Post whatever qty(partial) to unrestricted and the remainig to blocked stock.this blocked stock you can put the batch to restricted status and the unrestricted qty can be delivered to customer.

And else whenever you would want to deliver this qty of restricted status change its status and post accordingly.

Manisha

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure. In the stock posting screen of the UD just post the 3000 to blocked and the 7000 to unrestricted. You don't have to make the UD eithr if you don't want to. Or, as I often recommend, post the reject qty to a separate new batch number and post this batch to unrestricted stock with a restricted batch status.

This allows production to select the reework from restricted stock. But restricted batch can be set up so they cannot be sold.

Even better if you can designate a storage location for rework and physically move the material there.

FF