cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join data from SAP BW and Oracle database from Webi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to create a Web Intelligence Report connecting to multiple data sources.

Ø SAP-BW contains the data (All units).

Ø Oracle db contains the access security data (respective units

for the user).

Since Universe can only connect to a single data-source we have to create two universes connecting to SAP-BW and Oracle db respectively and then create a webi report to point the two universes to retrieve the equi-join data on the report.

May I know which layer I can join the data? What kind of data I can join?

Can I merge dimensions from both the data sources? What about measures?

How I can create SQL query in Webi in order to simulate the join to the two data source?

Appreciate any info related.

thanks and regards

nora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nora,

You can use Data Federator technology to federate multi-sources such as SAP BW and Oracle.

Las you just have to create a universe on the Data Federator data source and the universe isee the data source as a single source whereas it is not.

Then any clainet that consume uninverses can take advantage of this solution.

Regards;

Didier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nora

You need to create to universes. One for the SAP datasource and one for the Oracle datasource. You can merge the two universes in the webilayer.

You can join data who have the same format. Fore instance Name has to be formattet in the same way and spelled the same way.

Kind regards

Rikke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rikke,

Thanks for the answer. I have a scenario here is:

Are we able to create query in webi on top of the query generated by Universe? It means that we can do further query based on the datasets return from multiple Universe?

thanks and regards

nora