cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table with Half Scrollable Funtionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am dispalying some data with table ( Not ALV )and in my table i am having 10 rows . So i want to fixed 5 rows which is not scrollable and the rest 5 column which is scrollable . How can i do that.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I066686
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If you want to 5 rows to be fixed , in the table property --->Set the visibleRowCount as 5 so that 5 rows will be fixed with out scrolling . I hope it helps you .

Regards,

Kiruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see vertical scrollbar but i dont see any horizontal scrollbar. Any advice ??

Thanks,

Satya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you want to fix the rows or columns? You mixed both terminology in your original question and I think that is what is confusing people.

You can't really have fixed rows and then a scrollable row area. You can only set the total number of visible rows. However you can have fixed columns and then you will get a horizontal scrollbar to scroll between the visible/nonvisible rows. It gets even better in 7.02 where the horizontal scrolling takes place on the client side. Is this what you want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am sorry for make you guys confused .Thanks Thomas for correct me and as you mentioned i want few column to fixed and few to scrollable .

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fix the Scrollable_Col_count property of Table as 5. This way only 5 columns will come and rest on scrolliing horizontally.

And to Fix a particular Column , change the Fixed_Position Property of that particular column as Left.

This way your column will be fixed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand his question properly, he wants to have 5 rows stationary and 5 that scroll. As far as I know, there is no way to do this (rows visible just makes that many display before a scrollbar appears).<br><br>However, you could use two tables, having code divide the 5 rows you want to remain stationary in one and just underneath have a second table nestled up under it with scrolling. All you would have to do is split your table up by populating two nodes, one table to each node. You could even use a checkbox system to populate the "no-scroll" table with rows from the lower or to take them out.<br><br>

EDIT: Forgot to mention if you use two tables, make sure to "hide" the column headers on the second one so it appears as one table visually.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can fix the columns for horizontal scrolling but i don't think you can fix rows.