Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import query

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently i am working on a system where my mdm server is installed.

So, once i create the port i would make sure that the file is in READY folder(which is available in my local hard disk).

Later in future i should work on a system where mdm is installed on a server system and i will be accessing it from a PC where GUI's are installed.

In this case,

Is there any change while creating the port, when compared to above?

how to drop my file as 'ready folder' does not exist in my local system?

How to send my file to the ready folder?

Could any one reply!!

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

As mentioned in earlier replies also that it doesnot matter where your GUI is installed ,files will automatically place in ready folder where MDS server is installed.

Like MDS is installed on system A and your Clients is installed on System B .In this case also whenever import aur syndication happen the file will pace on Syatem A ready folder.You dont have to do anything extra.

Hope this description solve yr problem.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for the responces.

Just to double chk.

To move a file from one sys to other it is better to use xi/pi so there we can have monitoring and tracking of that file.

Please confirm.

Onthe otherhand as requested in my earlier reply does any one have any simple piece of code (.bat file) which moves the file from I) One OS to Other

ii) One sys to other(same OS)

If none of them have, please guide me where can i find them..

Thanks

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Your understanding is correct, Yes it is better to use xi/pi with MDM PI Adapter so that we can have monitoring and tracking of files effectively and efficiently. We can also send alerts through Mails in case of file fail.

I don't have any idea about code for transferring file from one location to another, I think someone with good Command Prompt knowledge can help you as there are some commands like MOVE in CMD which can be used to move file from one location to another within a system easily. I am not quite sure as you need to move file from one system to another, but i think you must have the MDM inbound port folder sharable at your machine to move file from your machine to MDM machine.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Since in future, MDM Server will be installed on different system(Server Machine) and you have access to all GUIs from your PC. In this case, you can send(drop) your file to Ready folder of Server Machine manually from your Machine or you can also do it by writing Script to move file from your machine to MDM Server machine if you have network sharing between these two machines.

Also, You can do it using PI/XI middleware in which through FTP server file is being picked from your Local hardisk drive folder and then through PI file can be sent to MDM Server Ready folder using File Adapter or MDM-PI Adapter.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

As far as i know if install UI clients on any machine whereas server is installed on other machine then also the files will put only in machine where tht server is installed .If you chang the location in ini file then only its possible to put file in some other folder.

What i am not able to understand is that installation of gui clients really matters for the location of folder in which file comes on import or syndicate.

Please clear my doubts.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>other machine then also the files will put only in machine where tht server is installed

Yes, this is correct, the Ready folder is made on the server where MDS is installed, not on the server where MDSS is installed.

You can install the UI whereever you want, once you run the syndication, it will drop in the Ready folder on MDS server.

This property can be changed though, by modifying MDSS.ini file.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When we are talking about Movement of file B/w 2 systems using a unix code or script program.

does this mean that we need to add this file (.bat file.. May be.. not sure.. please enlighten me..) to the windows scheduler and schedule it as per our requirement??

If so, does any one have a simple program which moves the files? please share with me.

On the other hand please let me know how we need to execute it?

Kind Regards

Eva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva

Simple example

You have 2 systems Windows and Unix-like and your SAP MDM server(MDS) installed on the Unix-like system

And your want get source file from Win system and send it to input directory MDS on Unix-like system

For that you can create .cmd or .bat file for Windows system and run it from windows scheduler

or create .shall file in Unix-like system and run it from unix-sheduler

For sending source file you can use different metods as is:

Sharing folder (easiest way)

FTP, SFTP

HTTP

TCP-IP ets..

SAP propose standart solution for integration SAP and Non- SAP system - SAP Netweaver XI(PI)

I recommend use that solution for sending your sources between two systems

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can anyone respond to me in detail?

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva

The ready folders for inbound or Outbound ports are created as per the distribution path.

The default path is server drive on which MDS is installed.

In case you want to pint this to any other path youc an do this by changing the Distribution root parameter in MDS.ini file.

You can access the folders on the server using FTP, prerequisite is FTP enablement for the folders and authorized user access.

Copying from the console ref guide-

The files associated with ports are stored in a shared file system location with a fixed directory structure beneath a configurable root. The root must be accessible to both MDM and its location is specified in the mds.ini file. The fixed directory structure beneath the root is as follows:

Inbound (MDM Import Manager): root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Inbound/ClientSystem/PortName/Ready

Parameter in mds.ini file Distribution Root Dir

String. The directory path for the root of the fixed directory structure where files associated with the MDM Serveru2019s ports are stored and retrieved. Default is Distributions under the MDM Server executable directory.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva

Ready port in SAP MDM used for automatic import data through MDM Import Server(MDIS)

For that MDIS sould be installed, configured and running

Is there any change while creating the port, when compared to above?

For import you use import map. That map you create in Import manager.

If during the automatic import you get error. Port status in MDM Console inform you about it.

File from "ready" directory will be mpove to "exception" directory and will be create log with exception message

if you got exception you can fix your map,For that you should run your Import manager, where select as type of source: PORT and select your system. after fix map - save it

how to drop my file as 'ready folder' does not exist in my local system?

When yor file in "ready" folder succesful imported(loaded to repository) than it moved to "archive" folder automatically

if during the import were some errors it file moved to "exception" folder

How to send my file to the ready folder?

You can configure ERP for put that file in your ready folder

You can use custom application for that or special CMD file in Windows and shall file in Unix like OS.

You can configure PI(XI) for that

You can do it manually

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka