cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificates for HTTPs like X.509

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL.

We are working on Proxy to SOAP and also SOAP to PROXY scenarios.External Partners will contact the SOAP using webservices.

I want went through SAP help documents but i got little confusion like .what will be there in the certfictaes ..?

1) In the SOAP Sender channel for HTTP security level there are three options for using option

a) for HTTPS without Client authentication ...do we need to give any certificate to the partner before doing this ...how this be a Secure communication if this says without Client authentication .. ?

b) HTTPS with Client authentication ...do we need to give any certificate to the partner before doing this .. ? and if we do this setting do we still need USER and PWD for sending messge to our PI system .. ?

2) In the SOAP receiver channel for HTTPS what kind of certfiactes we need to use ....?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are working on Proxy to SOAP and also SOAP to PROXY scenarios.External Partners will contact the SOAP using webservices.

>

> I want went through SAP help documents but i got little confusion like .what will be there in the certfictaes ..?

>

So you want to know what is the use of certificates and what exactly certificate contains??

Certificates provide extra level of authentication while receiving/sending message .it provides additiona security mechanisam,when your customer provides any certificates dewtails which contains level of authentication meachanisam and details to validate.

if you configure SSL authentication , then you can follow the stadard way of authentication user,pwd,auth...... first you have to maintain your customer certificate details in PI server,when you try to conect to cutsomer system it will check the cutomer authentication details against your PI system configuration details,if both are correct then only message exchage will happen.

check out my blog

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer below link,still have any doubt let me know

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

i went thru this link already..but couldn't find reply for this .query ..