cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to message processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

Is there a way service desk sends an email only and just only the message processor is assigned or changed?, I created an action that sends the email when the message processor is assigned but this action is sending the email every time the support ticked is saved, so the processor is receiving multiples emails. If I change the action merging to "Max 1 action for each action definition" when someone changes the message processor the action will not be executed and the new message processor will not receive the email.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has there been any update to this issue? Our company wants the exact same thing.

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey osbaldo,

Solman does nt give u this kind of functionnaliy in std (it does nt not recognize last person that was set to function partner per ticket).

The only way you can do that is not using std processing method (of mail class) in SPPFCADM but a specific one for example (ZCRM_SRVORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM) that will do this check for you.That method would read and write each time it's called in a Z table where you ll list all mails sent to processors of each ticket.

When method is called if last entry (in your z table) for your ticket is your current processor that would means that mail has already been sent to the person : no need to send mail; otherwise execut the rest of the classic method !

Regards

Khalil

0 Kudos

Dear Osbaldo,

Please try using "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition"

You can check the example 2 of following blog for more details:

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message -> Sending E-Mail from Support Message

-> Example 2: Send a mail to message processor

Check also that the mentioned notes are implemented.

I hope this helps, kind regards,

Marta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marta for the quick response

That link was one of the first links that I reviewed and helped me to create my e-mail notification but when I open the ticket in edit mode the action is created automatically and the e-mail is sent to the message processor again when I save the ticket and this happens every time I open it, edit it and save it, I would like that the e-mail is sent only when the message processor is changed, any other idea?,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osbaldo!

I want to do the same in our system. I did everything written in example 2 at link; but I got nothing. No mail when create the ticket, no mail when change message processor... I defined my action in the SLFN0001_ADVANCED and I assigned the start condition Send_email. Please can you say me which is the correct start condition? How did you define it?

Thanks. Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris

I haven't implemented what Khalil suggested, but for sending the email to the processor when the message is created I had to create this condition: &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001SLFN0001. E0001 is for the status "New".

At the begining I had the same problem, the action was not created and the problem was that I didn't have the correct access. I talked with my SAP-Admin group, they made a trace, gave me the correct access and that fixed the problem. Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osbaldo,

My problem was that I had defined my action in the action profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED but then I tried to define my action in the profile AI_SDK_STANDARD, so the mails were created. After this I found the same problem that you, I define the action merging like Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition, but the problem was that every time that some save the tiket, the action sent a mail. To avoid it, I found in the standard two options:

1- If you define the action merging: Set Highest Number of Processed Actions, you can set the number of times that the action runs.

2- I chose the option to manage it by status: every time you check or uncheck the status Escalated the action is launched. If I change the message proccesor, I check the status and he receives a mail. Then the new message proccesor has to uncheck the status, the condition is invalid, so the action doesn´t run. The start condition:

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& CE E0009SLFC0001 and

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001 or

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001SLFC0001

I hope it helps you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Iris but using option 1 the email will continue being sent until the number of actions set in the highest field is reached and option number 2 is not an option for my users, they don't want to do extra steps when a support team or message processor is changed in order to send a notification because they can forget that step and the notification will never be sent, so we had to do program changes to the class sending the email, looking at the change logs and validating if those fields were changed before sending the email