cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document stores in both SAP database and Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't want to store doc. in SAP database and chose to use content server. We have KPro checked in configuration also.

Our basis team has created a content repository ZP that points to the content server, in the document area.. they enter "ARCHLINK" instead of DMS. So they told me to create doc. and pick this new ZP to store the doc. But we I created a doc. in CV01N, went to check in the original, the new repository ZP is not on the list of choice to pick from. So I cannot store the doc. in that new content repository.

Our basis team told me that if we use DMS in the document area, the doc. stores in both SAP database and Content Server. We don't want to have doc. stores in SAP database that's why we have content server.

How can I create DMS and store in content server only (not SAP database) ?

Thank you,

Sam Schwartzberg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure your Basis team informed you that documents/originals will be stored both in SAP DB as well as content server? As far as am informed, in this situation, only the metadata i.e, document number,type,part,version,additional data gets stored in SAP DB and the originals(only) are stored in the content server.

...Our basis team told me that ....Could you please actually test this scenario and confirm the exact behavior?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on Jun 10, 2010 8:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for you reply.

We will do the test next week. I hope that is the case.

I will inform you the result next week after we perform the test.

Thank you,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

While check-in activity are you able to choose the new content repository i.e. ZP?

If not then use t-code OAC0 and while creating the repository check whether the certificate is activated by basis or not .

If not then you need to activate the certificate for the new repositoty in CSADMIN then only it will appear in the list while "check-in" the dcouments.

Please check for the same. Also check the t-code OACT , this new repository is shown or not.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra