cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we schedule sender file channel for every 2 hrs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to run sender channel for every 2hrs. i searched in Availability Timings but there is no such facility to schedule the channel for every 2 hrs

There is an option to schedule the channel on daily basis and for how much duration time it should run.

This won't work in my case

please share your thoughts...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to Availability time planning and enter the time duration and hours.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have explained in my previous post that there is no such options to schedule my channel for every 2 hrs

there is an option to schedule channel every day at particular time and for certain time period only

Regards

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VAMSI

hi, you can do that without any problem, in the configuration of CC sender file --> poll interval(secs) = 7200. this value is equals to 2hs

problem solved right?

Rgds

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 10, 2010 3:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

>>in the configuration of CC sender file --> poll interval(secs) = 7200. this value is equals to 2hs

problem solved right?

Good Idea, but the problem here is a i explained above this is combination of 2 interfaces

1) Idocs will be triggered every 2 hrs in ECC and records will be appended to single file on XI Shared drive.This is one interface

2) Another Interface is to pick up the appended big file From XI Shared drive to FTP Server.

EX:

If all Idocs triggered at 1:30pm from ECC----all records will be appended to single file suppose by 1:31pm

Now in second interface i gave poll interval as 7200 and activated at 1:40pm, so the file will be picked up at 1:40pm

So this frame of time interval continues smoothly like next job is ecc will run at 3:30pm and appends to file by 3:31pm there by second interface will pick up at 3:40pm. This is the correct way of execution

PROBLEM: In this process, If my PI server is down at 2:00pm and is up at 4:11pm, there won't be any problem with first interface.my second interface starts from 4:11pm(server up time) onwards and keep polling for every 2 hrs from there onwards. so my total time frame is collapsed .

Regards

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VAMSI,

let go again.

you have 2 posibilities. one is to sync the job and the channel. thing that i dont recommend because if for any reasson the ecc is down when it be up again the times will be unsync.

so i recomend to avoid it is to use a ccBPM, so you will be sure that no matter what happend, every time that ecc send and idoc, near real time you will pick the file from the share folder and move it to FTP.

Thaks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

>>one is to sync the job and the channel. thing that i dont recommend because if for any reasson the ecc is down when it be up again the times will be unsync.

Even though ECC is down, there will not be any effect on this, ecc executes job every 2 hrs, suppose 1:30pm it executed and next job should execute at 3:30pm.

For ex: 2pm ecc is down and up at 4:11pm means because no issues at 5:30pm timing job will run and it grabs all the records( 3:30pm available + 5:30pm Available)

For the second interface it can have the all data by 5:40pm execution

Regards

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VAMSI. as i can understand you execute and idocs every 2hs, but the problem is you cannot configure that the second interface will run as soon as the first interface end.

you cannot control the execution of the second interface to run as soon as the first end, because by any problem at any server (ECC or PI)you could have a one-hour or more phase shift between the job and the poll.

am i right? if so you need ccbpm.

Thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

>>am i right? if so you need ccbpm.

)) ccBPM is not suitable my case

I tried to know if there is some thing from Availability times to schedule channels every 2hrs according to the ECC jobs

unfortunately it's not available.

I would like to go this way, I already had the option of 7200 polling interval time for second interface and problems comes when ever there is PI down.

Informed to BASIS when ever there is PI outage , they will let me know. so that i can manage second interface by activating in sync with ecc jobs again( to normal timing)

Thank u for your valuable time and support RP.

Regards

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you are right , in case PI is down you lost the sync between the poll and the job. that why i recomend you ccbm that will allow you a near real time of response ussing async scenarios.

hope you can solve your problem.

dont forget to assign point if apply.

Thanks.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had a similar requirement and ended up scheduling it lots of times and moving it on 2 hours each time.. not ideal, but it worked... our ftp connection kept dropping so we kicked it off every 2 hours just in case....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi barry,

Thank you for replying. My case is totally different. it is combination of 2 interfaces

Idoc--XI-NFS

NFS-XI--FTP

ECC will send the idocs 2 every 2 hrs and XI appends to single file on XI shared drive.

From here Another interface which is just to pick the file from XI shared drive an hand it over to FTP

I just want to schedule my second interface according to the SAP jobs for every 2 hrs

Regards