cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in picking the same file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i am picking the file a.txt from FTP server and sending it to the reciever.

now howdo i make sure that the same file is not picked again if by chnace the file exist again by mistake.

please reply guys,

thanks

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case u can consider 3 options

1) Use Archive as Processing mode,Archive that file to some other folder, so that it will be deleted from source folder and when XI is looking for next time to pickup, it will not be there.

2) Use Processing mode as Delete.

3) Use Processing mode as set to Read only, so that Xi sets it to read only once the file is picked up and file will not be deleted from that folder. Even though file is there, XI will not pickup read only files

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> now howdo i make sure that the same file is not picked again if by chnace the file exist again by mistake.

As suggested above delete/archive the file so that it can't be re-processed.

But If you mean in first attampt "a.txt" file will be picked up by FTP adapter and will be deleted/archived from source location AND again by mistake if "a.txt" file comes in source directory then you want to avoide to process the same file again. Am I right here?

If this is the case then it is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh u r right.

i mean in first attampt "a.txt" file will be picked up by FTP adapter and will be deleted/archived from source location AND again by mistake if "a.txt" file comes in source directory then i want to avoide to process the same file again.

is it not possible in xi?

thanks

Sahil

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can go for Advanced Selection for source file option i.e exclusion mask and enter over there as per your requirement.

Please check this link if it is useful to you in any ways.

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

By using option Advance Soruce Selection we can pick multiple files from various directroies based on some criteria.

In this case, we can not avoid to processed the same file agian by using Advance Soruce Selection.

I think it is not possible.

Regards,

Abid

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Sarvesh u r right.

>

> i mean in first attampt "a.txt"; file will be picked up by FTP adapter and will be deleted/archived from source location AND again by mistake if "a.txt"; file comes in source directory then i want to avoide to process the same file again.

>

> is it not possible in xi?

I will not say that it is impossible, because I have a feeling that it can be achieved by using an OS command.

If you see the option under Processing tab in your CC, there you will see "Run OS Command Before Message Processing". So may be you can write a script which will check if the same file is already present in target directory then don't pick the same file from source directory.

At the other hand OS Command theory will fail if the same file was processed but it was deleted from the target directory because in that case script will have no clue to check existance of same file and in that case it will allow the CC to pick the same file again.

Try it and let us know.. (I don't have any experance in writing scripts or using OS command). If you feed difficulties in using OS command then search sdn and for writing an script you can create another thread and ask your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using archive mode or delete mode, you should not have the situation happen.

Liang

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one way to solve this, is archiving the message in other folder by selecting the Processing Mode to Archive in tab Processing in Communication Channel.

the other way could be deleting the message by selecting the Processing Mode to DELETE in tab Processing in Communication Channel

the other way could be Processing mode Read only Even though file is there, XI will not pickup read only files

Thanks

RP