cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP e-Sourcing vs SRM 7 Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

May I kindly ask you to enlighten next point please?

 From one side we have available SAP e-Sourcing( coming from old Frictionless Commerce). SAP e-sourcing provides you tools for Bid, Auctionu2026.

 On the other side, within mySAP SRM solution under Strategic Sourcing section you can also find tools for Bid, Auctionu2026

What are the main differences between the two version tools?

Are both tools merged wihin u201CmySAP SRM VERSION 7( section Strategic Sourcing)u201D?

It is worthy to have SRM 7, SAP e-sourcing and ECC integrated? Or should be thinking better in a SAP e-sourcing solution with ECC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abraham,

As far as I know, SAP-e-sourcing (5.1) does not have any integration with SAP SRM; it is integrated with MM (ECC). So, with e-sourcing, you can leverage the advanced sourcing functionality available and find better source of supply for procurement requirement in ECC.

With e-sourcing, you can create project based sourcing events to manage the it better.

At the same time, you can use SRM sourcing functionality to find better source of supply for any procurement needs within SRM.

in the future relases, SAP is planning to integrate E-sourcing with SAP SRM as well.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the main differences between the two version tools?

The two software offer largely similar set of functionalities for strategic sourcing. They are developed with different technologies, SRM Bidding Engine with ITS (< 7.0) / WebDynpro (7.0) / ABAP while E-Sourcing with Java. Most E-Sourcing customers are now on a hosted solution while most SRM customers are on premise.

Are both tools merged wihin u201CmySAP SRM VERSION 7( section Strategic Sourcing)u201D?

No. E-Sourcing is not part of SRM 7.

It is worthy to have SRM 7, SAP e-sourcing and ECC integrated? Or should be thinking better in a SAP e-sourcing solution with ECC?

SRM offers much better integration with ECC as compared to E-Sourcing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay for the useful clarifications.

May be I was not expressing myself clear; My question is if SAP is going to merge both tools in the future? Auctions under SAP SRM umbrella and Auctions under SAP e-sourcing umbrella.

Thanks and Regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is if SAP is going to merge both tools in the future? Auctions under SAP SRM umbrella and Auctions under SAP e-sourcing umbrella.

If your question is specifically regarding auction component in both software, SRM Live Auction offers the real time capacility while E-Sourcing does not. I don't think they could be in any way "merged". Likely scenario would be that one is positioned on one platform (hosted, on demand) and the other is positioned on another platform (on premise).