cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General information - Master privilege

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Today I tried to use the Master privilege feature.

I used a system where InitialLoads for ABAP, Portal and LDAP had already been run and assigned Master privileges to these 3 repositories (all policies set to wait)

I also added a No master task which simply assigns the missing privilege.

In my case the Master privileges were SAP_BC_ENDUSER (ABAP), IDM-Dummy-Group (AD) and eu_core-Role (Portal).

I then created a new MX_PERSON without any permissions in the WebUI and (in a second step) added a Role which containes privileges from all 3 systems.

In the Job Log there was no trace of any of the Master-Privilege-Tasks and the provisioning went as always.

I searched SAP Notes, Forum and Blogs, found the Schema-document and a Guide about Roles & Privileges which basically explain the principle of Master privileges. It looks as if it is not too complicated and does not require any more configuration than in the repository-privilege-tab.

Any help and findings appreciated.

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have the same problem here. The master privilege, even tough configured. is ignored.

I have a problem ticket open with sap for 2 months now.

I have just sent them some screenshots to investigate as they requested.

I will let you know if i get an answer.

Thanks

Lahcen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was running into the same problem until I got some more information from SAP. I was under the assumption that when a master privilege is missing, it will be automatically provisioned. But this is not the case. In order to get this to work, you need to define an add or delete member task for every privilege, so that a pending object is created.

When a privilege is created as a pending object where the master privilege is missing, the privilege will just wait until the master privilege has been assigned. You need to make sure that the master privilege is assigned and I think you can configure a task in the master privilege configuration section that can be started when the master privilege needs to be assigned.

With that information I was getting a few steps further on our test system, but I still was not able to get it completelyworking and didn't have the time to continue working on this.

Please let me know when you were able to use the master privileges.

Best regards

Holger