cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BASIS software Component 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our basis team applied EHP1 SAP NetWeaver 7.01to our landscape and they have imported the BASIS software component "SAP BASIS 7.01" to PI system .

Now i have Two BASIS software components "SAP BASIS 7.0" and "SAP BASIS 7.01"

I have already configured many interfaces in Configuration , all Adapters are using the BASIS software component as "SAP BASIS 7.0". How can i make use of "SAP BASIS 7.01" for all which is already configured?

I can select the "SAP BASIS 7.01" for newly creating communication channels

what abt already existing communication channels??

Generally what would be the procedure for this when we have new BASIS SWCV???

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Generally what would be the procedure for this when we have new BASIS SWCV???

the thing is: if you want to use new parameters for adapter which come in the news SAP basis

you need to create the channel with new SWCV,

if you want to update the old channel with new parameters - you need to recreate it with new SWCV

if you want to use the old parameters - you can leave them as they are in the old channels

as long as old SAP basis will remain in SWCV (and there is no need to delete it)

at least from my experience

but you can move every channel to the new SWCV too if you have time/resources

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

>>but you can move every channel to the new SWCV too if you have time/resources

So when ever we have New BASIS component , then we need to change the existing channels manually if we want to use the new BASIS component??

Is there any automatic update?? ) ( i don't think so)

As far as i know there is no major difference between SAP BASIS 7.0 and SAP BASIS 7.01 ?/

leaving all channels as it is with the old component itself is better. what do you say

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So when ever we have New BASIS component , then we need to change the existing channels manually if we want to use the new BASIS component??

yes of course how would the new parameters be filled ?

>>>Is there any automatic update?? ) ( i don't think so)

you're right

>>As far as i know there is no major difference between SAP BASIS 7.0 and SAP BASIS 7.01

not true for IDOC adapter there are many new parameters now

like idoc packaging

so there are some important changes with some adapters but you don't need to change it if you don't need to use them

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Mike, that is great answers from you

i am going to leave all configured channels as it is

if i create any new channels, then i can go with new one

i am not deleting the old SAP BASIS 7.0 because my already configured channels are using that old one.

Thanks very much

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As you said for idoc sender adapter we have the option called Idoc packaging . like this is there any other adapters have any new features??

Please suggest me any guide for this new one

REgards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes:

soap adapter - new protocol - XI30

mail adapter - some new parameters for imap4

does that answer your question ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was facing same issue in one of my previous project.

When project started, we used PI 7.1. When we finish half of the project, Basic team upgraded to 7.11 (EHP1).

This is really annoying because we have quite large number of the scenarios.

Finally for adapters that do not have difference between two versions, we just leave as they are. For adapter PI 7.11 has new features, we used PI 7.11. From the time onward, we all used PI 7.11 adapters.

Regards

Liang