cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should PPDS orders consume capacity in the SNP Capacity view in 9ASNP94?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Should PPDS orders consume capacity in the Capacity View in 9ASNP94?

We currently only use PPDS, but are looking to implement SNP for mid-range planning and S&OP. I would like to demonstrate the simplicity of the capacity view in SNP, but the planned orders in PPDS do not consume the capacity of the Resource in the standard planning book/view SNP94(2). We are using Single mixed production resources which I thought were suitable for both PPDS and SNP planning. This is a particular concern because I would expect that the SNP and PPDS horizons will have to cross over and so PPDS and SNP will have to take into account the capacity consumed by orders in the other module.

Any help will be appreciated!

Elamobel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for the replies.

The PPDS Orders all have a status of Scheduled and originated entirely in PPPDS (using the Planning with Standard Lots Heurisitc in conjunction with Block Planning).

Is there something in SNP configuration that I need to check?

Elamobel

0 Kudos

If you are using PDS you probably need this BADI:

Note 657185 - RTO: Sample code for calculating bucket consumptions 4.0

As standard only the continuous consumption is maintained in the PDS by the CIF, the bucket consumption (which is the SNP view of capacity) is missing.

Check the related notes too (especially 1462965)

If you are using PPMs you can just maintain the missing data directly

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elamobel,

Whatever setting you have mentioned above for resource setting is correct(single mixed resource-will be considered for SNP and PPDS scheduling),but if you are changing the dates and converting the SNP Planned orders to Production orders then such orders gets deallocated from the resource and even if you can see those orders in Capacity leveling data view such orders will not consume the capacity of that resource.

Please refer SAP notes 370959,793626,385182 for more information ..

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Elamobel

PPDS order do consume capacity in the Capacity View in SNP94.

can you please confirm if your PPDS orders are in a deallocated stage?

Rgds, Sandeep