cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certificate in landscape format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still wondering that I found nothing about printing certificats in landscape format.

I'm not looking for a solution to change the page oriantation. This shouldn't be a big deal.

The standards certificate function print each characteristic into a single line including limits value and so on.

In the case you have multiple batches and print all on the cert you will get for each batch the block of characteristics.

I'm wondering that there is a solution to print the results in kind of table. So the header should be the charcateristic name and limits for example. And each line shows all the information for a batch.

example :

batch * mic1 * mic2 * mic3 *...

limit range * 2 -4 * <200 * 100 - 500 *

unit of measurement * ms * g * Ohm *

batch A * 2,4 * pass * 425 *

batch B * 2,2 * pass * 435 *

batch C * 3,1 * pass * 250 *

Is there a way get the output in that format?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jens

Edited by: Jens Hoene on Jun 9, 2010 4:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But there is no SAP "solution" for it. The SAPscript provided by SAP is an example only. You must, and SAP expects you to, copy the provided SAPscript to your own form name and you modify the form to your requirements.

To do it in the way you want to requires some very careful design and SAPscripting. If you always report the same 3 or 4 characteristics you might be able to easilty do this. But if the number of characteristics is variable, it can be more difficult to write the SAPscript. What happens when you have more characteristics than the landscape page allows? How do you shorten the description of each test to fit in the allocated header? Etc., etc..

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI FireFighter,

good to know that I wasn't blind about that. And that was nearly that what I was looking for.

But you mentioned a interesting way to get this done. Currently we use our own SAP script for the special requirements we have (only some canges from standard form)

But based on the line by line style for the characteristics I wasn't sure how to create the landscape style. So I started the idea to change the print program, because I would like still to have the fexibility from the cert profile. But I was not very happy about this idea.

But I like your idea only to change the SAP script. The numbers of column will not very high and I think this should work if the printout is done in landscape mode, but what column is printed will be different from printout to printout and that is the reson that I would like to use the functon of cert profile.

At the moment I think an "matrix" could work, but not checked yet if this is possible within SAPscript. To work only with hard defined numbers ov SAP script veriable will be very taff, because of the numbers of batches that could be printed on a cert.

So the best case would be if there could be used a dynamic matrix in SAP script. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Jens

Edited by: Jens Hoene on Jun 15, 2010 1:22 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not a SAPscripter myself so I wouldn't be able to comment on what is or isn't possible. I did have a client once that had a landscape COA. But it was carefully crafted with set column space for each characteristic. I beleive they used the first ten characters of the internal description of the MIC as the heading. I think it allowed up to 6 MIC's per page.

Please, do not change the underlaying COA program. This causes a number of downstream issues. Once you copy the program out, you can't use future SAP improvements to it. For instance, folks that modified the COA program in version 4.0 can not use the multiple specificaiton functionality in 6.0 after upgrading. They have to copy the new 6.0 program and rewrite that one. Depending on the complexity and customization this can be a very , very daunting task.

If you change the underlying SAP program, you lose the ability to use QC21 and QC22 and must create custom transactions for these. These transactions are hard coded to the standard COA program. In addition, I think the COA profile simulator function is lost as well.

I have not yet had a client where we had to change the underlying COA program. We always managed to create COA's using SAPscript changes or adding FM's in config to the COA profile functionality. This allows future upgrades to work and all SAP transactions to function.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You brought up a very good point. The possible future changs of the COA program. this was also my concern why I didn't like to start it. I didn't realy think about possble issues with QC21 and QC22, because all our certificates are created with QC20 in relation to a delivery. I only use sometime QC22 for my own testing. But this is a very good point, because wasn't aware tha this default program is hard coded here.

Many thanks for your comments

Jens

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I save one client from modifying the COA program my time on earth is well spent. Ok.. actually not. But I do believe its very important to keep the COA program intact. If you run QC21, QC22 and display the program name behind it you'll see it refers to the COA program directly, (or one of its variations). You can't change this.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it.

Thanks FF

Regards

Jens

Answers (0)