cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See Multiple node names under Import manager source table of single XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a xml file with differnt nodes of following structure when it comes to IMport manager It shows multipletable names where I can choose Business Partner, Partner, RemoteSystem... But My maps are based on Partner only.. Now I need to update the look up Qualifer table.. of which values are in Type.. Which I am unable to see under Partner node in import manager...I dont see the fields of Type Node under Map Filed/Values tab...

<Business_partner xlms....

--<Partner>

-

<Address>

-

<name>

-

<name1>

-

<Role>

-

<A>

-

<B>

-

<Remote SYstem>

-

<name>

-

<Code>

-

<Type>

-

<Type>

-

<Type2>

Can any one put there comments please..

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

As per your Requirement, you need to make use of Join Tables. As i see your Structure, Using Join table concept you can add field Type from RemoteSystem table to Partner Table. In this manner when you select Partner Table as your Source table you would able to see field Type and its values in Partner Node(table).

Please refer below Article on how to use Join table Concept.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1012f58f-a6e6-2a10-7caf-a46b7ad0f...

In above Article, SRC file is in Excel format not XML, Just treat Excel worksheet as here your XML Multiple table node. Concept is same 1st use Join table concept to join two tables(Partner aand Remote system) and then use Look up concept to join fields(Type etc) from Remote system table to Partner table. This will solve your Problem.

Kindly revert with Result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev

"Import manager guide"

page 36:

"For XML source files, the source table list displays the nested elements defined in the XML schema."

page 44:

"The XML Schema list includes an entry for each XML schema defined in the MDM Console."

page 86:

"Ways in which the Source Hierarchy tree now reflects an XML fileu2019s structure include:

u2022 Top-level node is the source XML file

u2022 Tables in the tree represent nested XML structures

u2022All tables are nested under the root element

u2022 Fields in the tree represent data-storing XML elements

u2022 Joins and _ID fields are no longer added or required

With these changes, users no longer have to manually recreate the relationships implicit in the XML schema, as they are preserved by MDM and accurately reflected in the source hierarchy tree.

NOTE ►► To ensure that Import Manager correctly interprets the structure of an XML file, specify its corresponding XML schema file in the Connect to Source dialog (see u201CStarting and Exiting the Import Manageru201D on page 43 for more information)."

page 188:

"When the source is an XML file, the Available Fields list is limited to nodes which are siblings (on the same level as), or children of (nested below) the currently selected Source Hierarchy tree node."

page 213

"For example, if a source file is in XML format, Import Manager uses a tree in the Source Fields grid to depict the nested structure of fields within the associated XML schema."

Use XML schema for right node showing

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka