Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Monitoring

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One doubt on System Monitoring. Do we need SAPCCM4X agent to be installed on the satellite system and connect to solman system for System Monitoring? Or is the data fetched directly from the satellite system's CCMS through RFC and shown in Soltuion Manager system?

could you also please update me the pre-requisites of for this? I already checked the note 455356.

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You need to install CCM4X agent for the system monitoring ,this will be required especially when we are defining the user defined customized alerts in system monitoring.

Regards,

ARNS.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu..

Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't find any information regarding installing this SAPCCM4X agent for system monitoring in SAP notes and docs. All mentions only about the RFC createion and user CSMREG. do you have any doc or notes which supports your statement?

Regards,

Rajeev

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev

A CCMS Agent is required to be on the managed/satellite system.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700005547572003E

I think its pretty clear in this above document.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Defined Alerts is an option in Solution Manager which allows customers to utilize more CCMS functionality than is offered in the default monitoring set

As mentioned in some scenarios where you want more CCMS functionality than is delivered by the default monitoring set you will need agents- there maybe other scenarios as well - including logfile monitoring, central auto-reaction and indeed BPM documentation mentions use of CCMS agents

In summary whether you need agents or not depends on your monitoring requirements

Best wishes

Stuart

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

As per the latest Solution Manager documentation EHP1 SP23 -->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/5b/0c9ccfd262427685c245d7ea85cd7a/frameset.htm

The pre-requisites state

"You have set up the RFC connections between SAP Solution Manager and the managed systems:"

Which is done as per this HELP documentation in the clients tab under "Generate RFC Destinations" - not by installing an agent (which also creates an RFC and a read and send operation on the satellite system to a Central CCMS)

As far as I am aware Solution Manager RFC should read CCMS on satellite systems without an agent - at least that is my understanding from the documentation and colleagues

However please bear in mind that Solution Manager gives customers the opportunity to have a Central CCMS (CEN)

system where you can utilize all CCMS functionality not just the delivered Solution Manager monitor set

- to do this CCMS agents are needed

In my opinon you are recommended to setup READ RFC in this case and see if it gives you what you want

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my observation.......

CCM4x agent is not required for the solution monitoring.

But I had problem when we define the user defined alerts ,there we have to assign the CCMS monitoring templates of the remote servers.By using the RFC connections it was not showing up there ,after installing agents I could able to define the user defined alerts.

Regards,

ARNS.

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rajiv,

Refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e2/eff640fa4b8631e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

for details to configure CCMS agents in solman and sattellite systems .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

It used to be in older Solution Manager systems that it might not be necessary to install SAPCCM4X on satellite systems - as you mentioned it might be possible to use the READ RFC directly to read the satellite systems CCMS

However SAPCCM4X offers additional central monitoring functionality from the Solution Manager CCMS

Best wishes

Stuart

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

So can I conclude like this : For using System monitoring functionality in Solutuion Manager, it is not mandatory for you to install the CCMS agents and register it with Solution Manager. But you will receive additional monitoring elements if you use these agents. else the monitrong will be done through the Read RFC using the user CSMREG from the monitored system's CCMS infrastructure. Please confirm.

Rajeev