cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete messages with "Cancelled Manually" state (MSGSTATE is 21)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to delete messages from master table SXMSPMAST which are in "Cancelled Manually" state i.e. the value of field MSGSTATE is 21.

I have tried running reports "RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES" and "RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES" but with no success. the vlaue of the field ITFACTION is ARCH.

Can anyone guide me how do i delete these messages?

thanks,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i manually cancelled the messages, the timestamp changed to the current time. Hence i can only archive and delete the archive messages after the retention period which is set to 1 day. Hence i was able to delete that the next day.

Thanks for the help.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

There is a way to delete all the entries via Switch delete procedure. What we need to do is, just set some parameters in SXMB_ADMIN (Drop mAX TABLE) to lower value then the current persistece layer value and then run the report RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH. Meanwhile just access the Database through some editor say sqlPlus or Toad and truncate the current master table(SXMSPMAST).

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

in productive sysems the messages with status 21 can not be deleted by the regular deletion report, it has to be archived first and then will be deleted by the archive job itself. so you have to configure archiving.

for non productive systems you can set the parameter ARCHIVE->PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES to delete the manually changed messages, afterwards it will be deleted by the regular deletion job.

please check the SAP note 872388.

manually cancelled or manually changed messages (status 019 and 021) have to be archived. Therefore you always have to configure archiving to handle manually edited messages. Should you decide (for non-productive systems only) that you would like to delete these manually cancelled messages, please refer to Note 820149

Thanks,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you cancel all errored messages in MONI, "processed Until" column date will be changed to todays date. and according that and according to the retention periods mentioned in SXMB_ADM, those will be deleted.

Check the date of those cancelled messages and from there onwards u need to wait no. of days mentioned in the retention period

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

You can try using the report:

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

Also check this note for reference:

#872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI

Regards,

Caio Cagnani