cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mdm doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new in sap mdm ,and my background is sap xi ,now i started learn to MDM , So i am confused some basic mdm term like----

Syndicator

Console

Import manger

Data manager

And what is difference between Main table and lookup Table

Thanks

pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

MDM console, Data manager, Import and Syndication Manager are the different components of SAP MDM.

Apart from the above four components we also have servers like MDS, MDIS and MDSS. to get a proper understanding on different components and MDM scenarios please refe to the MDM wiki-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/SAPMasterData+Management

You can also refer to help.sap.com which is a good start point-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm300/helpdata/EN/2d/ca9b835855804d9446044fd06f4484/frameset.htm

Diff between Main table and Looup table-

If we take examples Master data objects in ECC are stored in multiple tables. Material has MARA/MARC/MVKE.. which is main table and the reference tables like Unit of Measures, Material Type, Group etc are modeled as Lookup tables in MDM.

thanks-Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

The main role is:

Console: Administration purpose

Import Manager: We will write rules or check for condition before you import your master data from other systems.

Data Manager: you can view or change master data

Syndicator: Used to send master data to other systems.

Main table is where your master data is located. Lookup table is where you have multiple values for the field like currency is a field but it might have values like USD, EUR, INR etc. So these values are stored in the lookup table. This is same like doing rfc or jdbc lookup for a field in xi.

The best thing would be do a search in SDN and you have doucments on all these.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in sap mdm ,and my background is sap xi ,now i started learn to MDM , So i am confused some basic mdm term like

Syndicator --> This tool is used for Syndicating Master data to legacy systems.(Ex: MDM to ECC, infterface will be XI)

Console --> This tool is used for Data Model desigh, users & Roles creation. MDM Console allows system managers to administer and monitor MDM Servers, and to create, maintain the structure of, and control access to the MDM repositories.

Import manger--> This tool is used for importing the data from legacy systems. we can import data in different file formats(Ex: XML, Excell, CSV e.t.c.

Data manager--> This tool is used for serch, viewing & editing the data in the Repository.

Main table --> A main table contains primary information about a business object such as a product or supplier.

Look Up table -->To define the set of legal values to which a corresponding lookup field in the main table can be assigned. These tables hold the lookup information.

EX: Countries look up table: MDM repository of Customer information may include a field called country; the actual list of allowed country names would be contained in a subtable.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/index.htm

Hope this may help you,

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

MDM Console, Import manger, Data manager and Syndicator are the MDM components.

These are the four GUI tools (MDM Components) use for different Purpose.

MDM Console: For Data Modeling, Adminstrator Right, Repostories operations like load, unload repsotories.

MDM Import Manager: This GUI is use to import Data into MDM by connecting to Source, in this we have source structure and Target Structure for which we need to map source and Target fields and Values.

Data Manager(Content Manager): This GUI tool is use to see all the data(records) imported through MDM import Manager. It can be also use to create data centrally Using Data Manager. Here, You can write Assignment, Validations and Match and Merging etc.

Syndicator: This is a tool which is use to send Data Out of MDM in the XML or text file formats.

Please refer below link for more understanding: Page 9-10/14

http://hosteddocs.ittoolbox.com/RD021507b.pdf

Main table & Lookup table: Main table is a table which contain Master data records like in R/3 we have Mara table, Lookup table are the tables which contains limited number of records and use in main table like in R/3 we have Countries, Regions table and also known as Refernce(Check) tables.

Kindly revert if you still have any doubts else mark thread as answered.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Excuse me for ask you.. but i have seen that you know so much about SAP MDM.

I'd like that you help me with a question about MDM.

I am trying to attend an end user that works with MDM. he asked me to reset the password of his user Id which he works with SAP MDM Data Manager,

I haven't worked with SAP MDM but I reviewed in SAP MDM and the User-id of the end user and it doesn't exist there.

however end user sent me a screen shot where appears the screen login to SAP MDM Data Manager.

He says that he is working OK. with MDM but he wants to reset his password because his password is saved into Scren Login and he doesn't remember it.

I don't know where i have to reset this password..

Where should User-Id exist ?

into the Repository ?

at the Windows Domain ?

Thank You in Advanced !

Olynka

Former Member
0 Kudos

User ID can be maintained in several places.

If you have configured LDAP server, it might be there, some cleints maintain user ID in Console as well.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. I changed the userID's password from SAP MDM Console..