cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Entry in Demand Planning in Alt. UOM rather than Product Base UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have a APO Planning Area created for Demand Planning whose Base UOM is 'KG'. For all the Products the Base UOM is 'ROL' (for ROLLs of the Packages) and we have also brought the Products into SCM-APO for Supply Planning and GATP and in these Products in the UOM sheet the Conversion factors have been maintained.

Therefore as per Standard SAP SCM-APO ... the DP Planning Book shows all the Forecast KeyFigures in 'ROL' and I have to change all the KFs to 'KG' to see and ENTER the Forecast Adjustments in KG.

We'd like to see and change all the Forecast Data only in 'KG' (for which purpose we chose KG as the Planning area UOM), but we are unable to make DP Interactive Planning show and allow changes only in KG. It automatically switches to 'ROL'.

Can anyone help me on how this can be done ? Is it a Modification to Standard APO DP Interactive Planning via a User-Exit ? Any experience around this enhancement to DP Interactive Planning would be helpful.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try going into Planning Area - Change - there is a checkbox for UOM which says that products in interactive planning will be displayed in the UOM of material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course. If you notice, the UOM Box is NOT ALLOWED to be Modified for all the Planning Area KeyFigures (standard as a well as Custom developed BI Keyfigures). It is DISABLED.

I've seen the Box is Enabled Only if we create some Auxiliary Planning Book KeyFigures or Custom Keyfiures Straight in the Planning Book which are NOT Planning area Keyfigures, then the Box is enabled and you can Switch OFF the Setting to not take UOM from the Product Master (for which DP Interactive Planning then allows changes in the Planning Area UOM).

However all our KeyFigures are DP Planning Area Keyfigures and therefore in the Planning Book KeyFigure Settings, the UOM from Product master Box is disabled and cannot be changed. Net Net : It looks like for DP Planning area Keyfigures, it is Standard Functionality to show all data in the Product Base UOM (Product master is setup via CIF from ECC to APO).

Does anyone have had such a Project Need ? It is common for Finished Products in the Steel Industry to have different Base UOMs for different Products (e.g : ROL), but finally all Volumes are Planned in 'KG' (or "Metric TONs" in this Industry).

I've checked with Business and they are unwilling to change the Product Base UOM to 'KG' due to Sales Market Reasons.

Does anyone know how to do this Enhancement to this need ?

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you try using u201CUser setting >> Unit of conversion setting u201C for a selection id in the intreactive demand planning ?

Unit Conversion

You can specify that when the system loads the selection it converts the units. The usual restrictions apply. Note that the system does not check whether a unit conversion is possible when you enter the new unit. It does this first when you call up settings, for instance when you call up another selection or data view.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Hope you are doing well.

What Datta has suggested will work fine. Just make sure when you use the user settings you remove the selection ID there and then save the UoM, else, this will be set only for the particular selection ID.

You will have to extend this to all your users, perhaps /SAPAPO/SDP_USESET would help.

Cheers!

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datta and Abhi,

Thanks for your Replies. Helpful, but not the full automated solution Business wants. But indeed useful as a workaround.

Also I noticed even if you remove the Selection while Saving, it still anyway internally stores the Unit ONLY FOR THAT SELECTION and Only for that Planning Book and View. So it works only for that Selection ID eventually and only that PB View.

What we need is it should be automatic for all Planning Books and Views also ... I do not mind defining the settings thru some development, but expecting every user to do this setting is manual and highly error prone. Nevertheless it is a good workaround.

Abhi ... what is /sapapo/sdp_useset ? I could not locate this as a SAP Table or a SAP Parameter.

I did find many other parameters and tables though not sure if they are related. Is this information on User Settings

Are there a bunch of SAP Tables in APO where I can define this Setting via some Custom Development for all PB Views and ALL Selections ?

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambrish,

I meant the Tx /SAPAPO/SDPUSET. I just realized it may not be helpful.

I tried the setting in my system (SCM 5.0) and removed the selection. For me its working for other selections as well. Maybe I need to test exhaustively. Will get back to you...

Cheers!

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Transaction is the same as 'User Settings' button from within DP Interactive Planning. This does not work for me.

Thanks for trying Abhishek. Let me know if you find any Alternative Ways for this Problem after your Tests.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following.

Goto /n/sapapo/msdp_admin -> Select the planning area -> Right click and Select Change -> Key figs tab -> Details -> Untick UOM.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed