Significance of Create with reference button on VA11 screen

In which scenarios we can use it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can "create with reference" sales order documents normally for inquiry,quotation,order,contract,scheduling agreement and billing doc.But in VA11 screen, we can create inquiry only.For an instance,if we had already created an inquiry for a customer A for our business. Then we would have required another inquiry with the same customer A.In this scenario, we can use the previously sent inquiry number as the reference.This will save time and performance as it copies all relevant existing field values to the existing document.Copy control determines the data flow of the documents.

This would fulfil your clarifications, I think.

Edited by: ssundar007 on Jun 9, 2010 1:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating with reference reduces the data entry work. Also you can change only things which you require to change, all other things will be copied as they are from the reference inquiry

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Consider that you have given a quotation to the customer. The same customer places the order for the products which you gave in the quotation. Then you can create your sales order with reference to your quotation. So all the business transaction data gets copied into the sales order 9sold-to, ship-to, materials, price etc). You can change the item quantity if required. For this, you will need to enter the quotation num in the quotation tab in the reference screen. You can also use this when creating returns with reference to sales order.

Alternatively, there is an already processed order. You will want to drop another similar kind of order. Then you can just create a new sales order with reference t the existing one. All materials,quantity, delivery date, pricing elements will be copied into the new sales order. This is usually done when you are doing testing.

In either case, you should maintain the copy controls in VTAA from source to target doc.

Regards,

Sivanand

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is for a scenario where, it can be use to create an inquiry with reference/based of earlier created inquiries.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

is thr any customization reqd for using copy control from inquiry to inquiry...?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO... Simply copy copying control for OR to OR by using TCode VTAA.

Under that based on you requirement maintain the config, but, OR to OR will hold good for your requirement.

But keep in mind your relevant I Cat & Schdline Cat.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just maintain the setting in VTAA. But can you please mention why it is required from business point if view .

You can use inquiry to quotation or to order !!!!!! why Inquiry to Inquiry?

Regards,

KRishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think IN to IN can be used in B2B scenarios. JP, have u ever encounter such kind of real time scenarios.

Please explain if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have never been to a scenario for IN --> to IN for B2B also. If you can explain your business requirement in detail will help you to give solution accordingly.

REgards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

krishna,

my doubt is about Create with reference button on VA11 screen. how it can use in VA11 screen