cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to refresh my application on the click of a button.

My question is how to get the URL name dynamically and then refresh my application.Or is there any other way to refresh the application.

Any pointers.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your application does not stand alone (being executed by the Portal) I believe the best solution is to trigger a redirect to the address of the Portal iview:

Url = "ROLES://portal_content/xyz/com.xyz.app";
WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(Url, WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, (String) null, (String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, (String) null, (String) null, null, null, false, false);

regards,

Angelo

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i understand from your question, u need to show the updated data. is that correct? To achieve this, u can provide a refresh button.

when the button is clicked, u can call a RFC or a WS to get the latest data.

Let me know if i have answered correctly.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually what I want to do is I am having a single view in my application and in that view I am having a button say refresh.This button is visible only when all the processing has been done.Now what I want is when the user click on this button then the view get refreshed or the view should be initiallised .I can invalidate all the context but what I want is that a new session should get open so that user can start the process from initial.

Regards,

Anand

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want the same fields in the new view which open in another page, try using a LinkToURL UI element and set the url of your existing application, so that when the user clicks on the Refresh Link, the same application is loaded in a new window.

U can get the URL of the application in WD. Try using this option.

String URL = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getDeployableObjectPart());
wdContext().currentContextElement().setLinkToURL(URL);

This attribute LinkToURL will be bound to the LinktoURL UI element

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

Thanks for ur reply.

I want to know that insted of opening a new window can I get the application on the same window.

regards,

Anand

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. U have an option to open the new application in the same window. Following are the options u get:

target

Specifies the browser window in which the page is to be opened. You can specify the name of the target window yourself or use the following values, which comply with the W3C-HTML standard:

-_blank
The page is opened in a new window without a name. This is the default value.

-_self
The page is displayed in the same window as the link.

-_parent
The page is displayed in the superordinate browser window. If there is no superordinate window, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

-_top
The page is opened in the original window of a frame hierarchy. If there is no frame hierarchy, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

For further information refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/dc99f5d1b1504aa0045a7070a0f500/frameset.htm

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your application does not stand alone (being executed by the Portal) I believe the best solution is to trigger a redirect to the address of the Portal iview:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(Url, WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, (String) null, (String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, (String) null, (String) null, null, null, false, false);

regards,

Angelo

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

regards,

Angelo